Printer Friendly

Regal Goldfields Limited - Company Update.

TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 25, 1996--Regal Goldfields Limited (CANADIAN DEALING NETWORK: REGL) -- Regal Goldfields Limited announces that it has completed its down-the-hole electromagnetic (UTEM) surveys on its 16 claim property located about 6,600 feet west of the Kidd Creek Mine, 15 miles north of Timmins, Ontario.

This technique entails the lowering of geophysical instruments down a bore hole to detect conductive sulphide ore bodies at a distance from the hole. The data collected in holes RK-1 and K54-30 indicate a steeply plunging anomalous structure with a strike length of 700 feet and a vertical dimension of 1,200 feet. In September of this year the Company drilled hole RK-1 to a depth of 1,600 feet for the purpose of carrying out the down-the-hole programme; this hole by-passed the anomalous structure to the south, as did a hole drilled by Regal Goldfields in 1994, hole 94-1. This hole, which was neither cased nor surveyed, intersected significant mineralization containing 1.1 percent Cu, 0.53 percent Zn and 0.2 oz/ton Ag over a length of 6 feet at a vertical depth of approximately 1,100 feet. Drilling will resume early in 1997 under the direction of Watts, Griffis & McOuat, Consulting Geologists and Engineers.

The Company will offer to purchase all of the issued shares of Highland Range Minerals Limited and North Cape Breton Resources Limited, both private companies with mineral properties on Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, for $1,500,000. Earlier this year, the Company had agreed to acquire an undivided 51 percent interest in the mineral holdings of North Cape Breton for a cash payment of $400,000 and a two-year exploration commitment of $1,000,000, with the right to acquire the remaining 49 percent interest for a maximum of 5,000,000 treasury shares, subject to an independent valuation and regulatory approval. If this offer is completed, it will obviate the need to issue the said treasury shares. Highland Range owns mineral properties covering some 8,000 acres immediately to the west of and contiguous to North Cape Breton s properties; it has optioned these properties to International Northland Resources Inc. on the basis that International Northland must spend $1,000,000 on the lands in order to earn an undivided 51 percent interest therein, with the right to acquire the remaining 49 percent interest for 5,000,000 treasury shares of International Northland, subject to an independent valuation and regulatory approval.

Regal Goldfields has agreed to sell 3,300,000 of its units for $1,980,000, each unit comprising one common share and one three-year share purchase warrant, each such warrant enabling the purchase of an additional common share of the Company at $0.90. Management and current shareholders will purchase the majority of these units and consequently there will be no change of the control of Regal Goldfields. -0-

NOTE: NO REGULATORY AUTHORITIES OR SIMILAR BODIES HAVE APPROVED OR

DISAPPROVED THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN.

CONTACT: Regal Goldfields Limited, Toronto

Richard W. Brissenden, 416/364-1130

416/364-6745 (fax)
COPYRIGHT 1996 Business Wire
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1996, Gale Group. All rights reserved. Gale Group is a Thomson Corporation Company.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Business Wire
Date:Nov 25, 1996
Words:506
Previous Article:Attachmate's EXTRA! Personal Client 6.2 Now Shipping.
Next Article:CN Pension Trust Fund - Acquisition of Freehold Royalty Trust Units.
Topics:


Related Articles
Ashanti Goldfields corrects and replaces previous Directors Interests announcement.
Leigh Resource-November 21-Joint Venture Arrangement with Western Goldfields on the Western Goldfields Concession, Ashanti Belt, Western Region,...
Central Asia Goldfields Corporation - World Wide Minerals and Kazakstan Goldfields Cancel Proposed Business Combination.
Directors' Interests.
Regal Goldfields Limited - Rights Offering Completed.
The Pioneer Group Announces Sale of Gold Mining Operations in Ghana.
Ashanti Goldfields Company Limited Announces Acquisition of Pioneer Goldfields Limited.
Ashanti Goldfields Completes Acquisition of Pioneer Goldfields Limited.
Ashanti Completes Sale of Teberebie Assets to Gold Fields Ghana.
New multiplex ready for its close-up.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters