Ratings results, markets #26-#40.
Ratings results, markets #26-#40
Wrapping up gifts, normal survey months and checking the 2014 numbers, the adjustments, news formats, personnel changes and the buy / sell / trade action looks like more than just a winter flurry.
This week's Entercom purchase of Lincoln Financial Media was a surprise TD pass play. To recap, the 4 markets under Don Benson's direction go to David Field with an excellent price tag, operational and trade advantages. Radio Real Estate Monopoly. Market #9 Atlanta presents only an AM/FM combo: HotA/C WSTR and Sports AM WQXI combining for a 3.8 share and looks like an advantageous swap in the making. #12 Miami is 3F/1A, including 2nd share A/C WLYF, ClassicHits WMXJ and sports combo WAXY-A/F to total 13.3, good for an immediate 3rd place cluster. #17 San Diego's 4FM cluster has Country cousins KSON/F-KSOG/F in a tie for the top share, A/C KIFM tied for 5th and AA KBZT ranks this the #2 cluster, 12.6. The sky high big prize sky keeper: #20 Denver with 3FM/2AM plus a nicely rated translator doing comedy and a 2.4 share. Oldies KRWZ-AM & Sports KEPN-AM total 1.3 but Country KYGO FM ranks 4th, RymCHR KQKS is top 10, add the Sports Fan KKFN (possible spin at 2.5) means Lincoln parts with Denver's #2 cluster, 15.7. But wait, there's more! Add the existing Entercom cluster of AdultStandards KEZW-AM, HotA/C KLAC, 10th share SoftA/C KOSI and 5th ranked ClassicRock KYGO brings another 13.3 for a grand total of a 29.0 share, taking away #1 cluster honors from iHeart at 28.8.
Meanwhile, back to the November PPM races, here's the Nielsen subscriber story for total persons 6+ comparing September/October/November.
26. RIVERSIDE-SAN BERNARDINO, CA . 6+ Population 1,936,100. #1 share Entravision SpanishAdult KLYY 8.7-9.4-10.4 holds the #3 cume. RunnerUp is Anaheim Broadcasting Classic Hits KOLA 6.1-5.6-5.7. 3rd place iHeart RymCHR KGGI 5.0-5.1-5.2 has the #1 cume, 623k. Univision Radio Romantica KLVE is 4th 4.5-4.3-4.6 and partner Univision RegMex KSCA grows 3.1-3.8-3.9 to tie Lieberman Broadcasting RegMex 3.9-3.4-3.9. Music. CBS Country KFRG 3.4-3.5-3.3, Point Broadcasting RymCHR KQIL 2.0-2.4-2.5 and Good News Radio ContempChristian KSGN drops 3.0-3.0-2.1. Anaheim Rock KCAL dips 2.3-2.0-1.8 and the All-Pro Broadcasting pair score ModRock KCXX 1.4 and A/C KATY1.2 Riverside-San B. Stats: Stations 33, Subscribers 58%. Ethnic Composition Spanish 48%, AfroAm 10%. Largest October/November Swings: + 1.0SpanishAdult KLYY, -.9 Christian KSGN. Market Cluster Shares September/October/November: Entravision 9.1-10.1-11.1, Univision 8.4-8.9-9.2, Anaheim Broadcasting 8.4-7.6-7.5 and iHeart 5.1-5.4-5.3.
27. SACRAMENTO, CA . 1,866,100. #1 share is a tie between Entercom Classic Rock KSEG, 6.8-7.3-7.8 (also #1 cume 538k) and iHeart N/T KBFK-A/F 6.0-6.9-7.8. CBS A/C KYMX 3rd 6.0-6.5-6.9, thenEntercom 4th & 5th with CHR KDND 5.9-5.6-5.6 and Rock KRXQ 5.5-5.5-4.7. Music. CBS: Hot A/C KZZO 4.8-4.8-4.5 vs Entercom HotA/C KUDL 4.0-4.2-3.6. iHeart RymA/C KHYL 2.8-2.6-2.5 ties Entravision RymCHR 3.1-2.5-2.5. CBS Country KNCI up 3.4-3.8-4.0 as Entravision Country KNTY dips 3.4-3.2-3.0 and iHeart Country KBEB 2.1. Entercom ModRock KKDO 4.1-3.9-3.8, Capital Public Classical KXPR 1.5. News/Talk/Sports. Capital Public N/T KXJZ holds 3.0, iHeart Talk KSTE 2.2,Entercom Sports KCTC 2.2 and CBS Sports KHTK 1.6. Spanish. Entravision AdHits KSXE 2.7, Lazer CHR KLMG 1.7, Entravision RegMex and Lazer RegMex both 1.2. California Capital Stats: Stations 25, Subscribers 68%, Spanish 19%, AfroAm 8%, Swings +.9 N/T KFBK-A/F, -- .8 Rock KRXQ. Shares: Entercom 27.4-28.2-27.7, CBS 20.4-20.9-21.1, iHeart 16.5-17.1-17.9, Entravision 10.2-9.2-9.4.
28. SAN ANTONIO, TX. 1,818,600. Cox ClassicHits KONO takes both #1 share 7.9-8.3-8.0 & #1 cume 654k. Cox Country is steady but trails Big Dog partner 5.6-5.5-5.9 and just that proverbial hair ahead of iHeart Country KAJA 5.9-6.0-5.8. Tied for 4th share are iHeart RymCHR KZEP 6.9-6.0-5.1 vs. Univision RymCHR 4.8-4.6-5.1. Music.iHeart CHR KXXM 4.3-3.9-4.5 vs. Alpha Media CHR KTFM 2.6-3.4-3.5. Cox HotA/C KSMG 4.0-4.3-4.4, Cox ClassicRock KTKX 4.0-3.5-3.7, Cox Rock KISS/F 3.12-3.8-3.5. iHeart A/C KQXT/F 3.4-2.8-3.3, Alpha AdultHits KJKX 3.0-2.9-3.2, Cox ClassicCountry KKYX 1.9, Educational Media Christian KZAR 1.0 and Texas Public Classical KPAC .7. Spanish. Univision: RegMex KROM 4.1-4.8-4.8, Tejano KXTN/F 4.2-4.4-4.3, SpanUrban KGSX 2.3-2.0-2.1, followed by Alpha Media RegMex pair KLEY 1.0 and KSAH/F .9. News/Talk. iHeart WQAI up 3.7-4.2-4.6, Texas Public KSTX 3.4-3.5-3.1, Alpha KTSA 1.5. Sports.iHeart KTKR 1.0, Alpha KZDC .8. San Antonio Stats: Stations 46, Subscribers 63%, Spanish 53%, AfroAm 7%, Swings + .6 CHR KXXM, -1.1 Country KAJA. Shares: Cox 26.5-27.2-27.6, iHeart 25.4-25.0-24.5, Univision 15.6-16.0-16.5 Alpha 9.8-8.9-7.6.
29. CINCINNATI, OH . 1,760,700. iHeart Talk WLW has the #1 share 11.1-11.9-10.9 with cume #5. Hubbard Country WUBE/F ranks 2nd 9.1-8.2-7.6 and 4th with HotA/C WKRQ #1 cume 536k and 7.1-7.2-6.9 share. 3rd and 5th shares are Cumulus ClassicHits WGRR 8.0-7.4-7.2 and ClassicRock WOFX/F 5.3-5.6-5.9; Cumulus A/C WRRM 5.4-6.3-5.6. Music. iHeart CHR WKFS 4.6-4.5-5.2, Hubbard HotA/C WREW 3.9-4.0-4.1, iHeart Rock WEBN 5.1-4.0-4.0 vs. Cumulus Rock WFTK 1.8, iHeart ModRock WEBN-HD2 1.3 and Northern KY University AA WNKU/WNKN .5, tied with Educational Community Variety WOBO .5. Radio One Urban WIZE 4.4-4.2-3.5, Radio One R&BOldies WOSL 3.0-3.1-2.9. CumulusCountry WNNF 2.4-2.9-2.5 vs. Hubbard Country WYGY 1.7-1.6-2.2. Radio Cincinnati Public Classical WGUC 2.0-2.7-3.1 ties Cincinnati Public News/Talk 2.9-2.8-3.1. iHeart Talk KKRC up 2.1-2.3-2.7, iHeart Sports WCKY 2.2 and iHeart Sports WSAI .6, Radio One Talk WDBZ .5. Cincy Stats: Stations 38, Subscribers 63%, AfroAm 12%, Spanish 2%, Swings + .7 CHR WKFS, -- 1.1 Talk WLW. Shares: iHeart 26.0-26.8-26.9, Cumulus 23.4-23.7-23.1, Hubbard 21.8-21.0-20.8, Radio One 7.9-7.8-6.9, Cincinnati Public 4.9-5.5-6.2.
30. CLEVELAND, OH . 1,758,800. iHeart takes the Top 3, led by ClassicHits WMJI #1 share 8.8-9.2-10.2and #1 cume626k. 2nd place for AdultHits WHLK 8.4-9.3-9.0, and 3rd is iHeart Country WGAR/F 7.3-7.3-7.1. Radio One UrbanA/C WZAK is 4th 6.4-6.8-6.4 followed by CBS ClassicRock WNCX 5.8-5.9-6.0. Music. CBS A/C WDOK slips 6.4-5.8-5.7, iHeart Rock WMMS 5.4-5.3-5.6, Radio One Urban WENZ 5.7-5.7-5.4, CBS HotA/C WQAL 4.8-5.0-4.5, iHeart CHR WAKS 4.2-4.1-4.0, iHeart ModRock WMMS-HD2 1.5, Cleveland Classical Radio WCLV 1.3 and Kenston Local School District AdStandards WKHR1.2. News/Talk/Sports. iHeart N/T WTAM 7.2-6.4-5.6, CBS Sports WKRK/F 3.3-3.5-4.0, Ideastream N/T WCPN 2.4-2.3-2.0, Kent State University N/T WKSU quintulcast, as in 5 stations, 1.0. Rock Hall of Fame Stats: Stations 36, Subscribers 58%, AfroAm 20%, Spanish 4%, Swings + 1.0 ClassicHits WMJI, -.6 N/T WTAM. Shares: iHeart 41.3-42.6-43.0 for a new PPM high), CBS 20.3-20.2-20.2, RadioOne 12.6-13.5-11.8.
31. SALT LAKE CITY, UT . 1,716,200. Bonneville / KSL Broadcast scoops #1 and a tie for 2nd: News/Talk KSL-A/F 6.9-9.1-7.5 is #1 on the 6th market share and Bonneville / KSL SoftA/C KSFI has Top cume 627k and tied for 2nd 7.0-6.9-6.5 with KLO Broadcasting HotA/C KBZM 5.9-5.7-6.5. There's also a tie for 4th share between two iHeart stations CHR KZHT 6.5-6.0-6.2 and Oldies KODJ 5.9-5.9-6.2. Music. KSOP Country 4.0-5.7-4.6 vs. Cumulus Country KUBL/F 4.4-4.1-4.3, Broadway Media Country KEGA 1.5 and WSOP ClassicCountry .5. iHeart HotA/C KJMY 4.2-3.8-4.5 vs. Cumulus HotA/C KBEE 1.6. Broadway Media CHR KUDD/KUDE 4.5-4.4-4.5, Broadway Media RymCHR KUUU 2.9-2.6-2.3, KLO Broadcasting A/C KSQN .5. Broadway Media ModRock KXRK 4.8-4.1-4.3 vs Cumulus ModRock KHTB 1.3,iHeart ClassicRock KAAZ 3.2-3.0-2.3,Cumulus Rock KBER 2.0. Cumulus AdultHits KENZ 1.8 vs. Broadway Media AdultHits KYMV 1.3.Brigham Young University Classical 2.6-2.2-2.3.News/Talk/Sports. iHeart Talk KNRS-A/F 5.4-5.8-6.0,University of Utah N/T KUER/F 2.8-2.9-3.1, Larry Miller Sports KZNS/KOVO 1.5 and Larry Miller Sports KZNS/F .7. SLC Stats: Stations 50, Subscribers 64%, Spanish 14%, AfroAm 1%, Swings + .8 HotA/C KBZN, -1.6 N/T KSL-A/F. Shares: iHeart 25.4-24.5-25.2, Bonneville 17.9-20.4-18.2, Broadway Media 16.8-14.2-13.8, CMLS 11.7-10.3-11.6. KLO Broadcasting 6.9-6.5-7.2.
32. LAS VEGAS . 1,682,100. iHeart A/C KSNE/F get the #1 & #1 victory 5.7-6.0-7.4 share and 509k #1 cume. Next, CBS Hot A/C KMXB 7.4-7.3-6.9 and CBS RymCHR KLUC/F 6.1-5.8-6.6. In 4th place, Lotus Communications SpanClassicHits KWID 6.4-6.5-5.5 and Beasley RymOldies KOAS 5.1-5.4-5.4 is 5th. Music. Beasley ClassicHits KKLZ 5.1-5.0-5.2, Beasley AdultHits KVGS 2.0-2.5-2.4. CBS ModRock KXTE 3.4-4.4-4.9, Lotus ClassicRock 5.6-3.9-3.7, Lotus Rock KOMP 2.3-2.6-2.6. Beasley Country KCYE 2.8-3.4-3.6 vs iHeart Country KWNR 2.1-2.3-2.4. Kemp Broadcasting RymCHR KVEG 4.2-3.8-3.4, iHeart CHR KPLV 2.8-2.4-2.4, Kemp HotA/C KVGQ .9. Faith Communications Christian KSOS (OK to say that?) 4.3-3.9-3.7, Urban KCEP 1.5, Nevada Public Radio Classical KCNV 1.1, University of Nevada KUNV Jazz .8. News/Talk/Sports. CBS N/T KXNT-A/F 4.0-3.8-3.6, Nevada Public KNPR 1.3. Lotus Communications Sports KWWN 1.8, Lotus SpanSports KENO .6, Lotus Sports KBAD .4, CBS Sports KXST .2. Spanish. Univision SpanUrban KRGL 3.8-3.3-3.4, Univision RegMex KISF 3.1-3.6-3.1 vs. Entravision RegMex KQRT 1.7-1.9-2.2 Envision RegMex KRRN 1.1 and Equal Opportunity Clark County Urban KCEP 1.5 Jackpot Strip Stats: Stations 45, Subscribers 69%, Spanish 28%, AfroAm 11%, Swings +1.2 Classic Rock KXPT, -1.0 RegMex KQRT. Shares: CBS 21.1-21.4-22.2, Beasley 15.5-16.7-17.1, Lotus 16.4-16.7-15.2, iHeart 10.6-10.7-12.2.
33. KANSAS CITY, MO . 1,640,300. Steel City Media has another #1 with Country KFKF 7.1-7.4-7.2 on the market's #5 cume. Cumulus ClassicRock KCFX posts 2nd on 6.6-6.8-6.9 and scores the #1 cume 542k. Stand-alone Carter Broadcast Urban KPRS 5.5-6.1-6.4 takes 3rd, then Entercom Sports KCSP 4.2-4.8-5.6 4th and Entercom HotA/C KZPT 6.2-5.4-5.3 ties for 5th with Steel City CHR KMXV 5.4-5.3-5.3. Music. Entercom Rock KQRC 4.6-5.1-4.9, Entercom ModRock KRBZ 4.4-4.6-4.2 and Public Television 19 AA KTBG .4. Cumulus UrbanA/C KMJK 4.5-5.1-4.4, Steel City A/C KCKC 2.7-2.8-2.6. Entercom Country WDAF/F 4.5-5.1-4.4 vs. Steel City Country KBEQ 4.7-4.3-3.9. University of Northwestern St. Paul Christian KJNW 3.4-3.0-4.0, Cumulus Oldies KCMO 4.4-4.4-3.9, Cumulus CHR KCHZ 4.0-3.7-3.8, Cumulus AdultHits KCJK 2.4, Carter Gospel KPRT .7, University of Kansas Classical KANU trimulcast .6. News/Talk/Sports. KMBZ-A/F N/T 4.2-4.2-4.5, University of Missouri N/T KCYR 3.0-2.6-2.7, Cumulus Talk KCMO/KCMO-HD2. KC Stats: Stations 39, Subscribers 59% AfroAm 13%, Spanish 8%, Swings +.8 Sports KCSP, -.7 Urban A/C KMJK Shares: Entercom 28.7-28.9-28.8,Cumulus 22.9-23.7-22.8, Steel City 19.9-19.8-19.0.
34. ORLANDO, FL . 1,596,200. Shuffles happening asCox Media takes 1st, 4th and 5th. Cox Country WWKA is #1 6.7-6.3-6.5 on the 9th market cume. Central Florida Educational Foundation Christian WPOZ/WMYZ plays second fiddle down 7.0-6.7-6.2 and CBS Radio ClassicHits WOCL ranks 3rd 5.8-6.0-5.7. Cox UrbanA/C WCFB keeps a very close 4th 6.5-5.2-5.6 and ditto 5th RymCHR WPYO 5.4-6.3-5.5. Music. iHeart CHR WXXL has top cume at 513k and 5.7-5.1-5.3, ahead of CBS CHR WJHM 2.7-2.8-3.1. iHeart Tropical WRUM 5.2-5.3-4.6 vs. Entravision Tropical WNUE-F 2.1-2.3-2.6. CBS HotA/C WOMX/F 5.1-5.3-4.9 vs. an A/C tie between iHeart WMGE 5.9-4.9-4.5 and Cox A/C WMMO 4.3-4.1-4.5. iHeart ModRock WJRR 3.8-4.1-3.9 is the only Orlando rocker. TTB Media SpanishHits WHKQ 2.5-3.1-2.8, Central Florida Educational Gospel WPOZ-HD3 scores a respectable 1.9-2.5-2.4, U. Central Florida Jazz WUCF 1.8, iHeart Urban WTKS-HD2 1.2 and Central Florida Educational Urban WPOZ-HD2 .2. News/Talk/Sports. iHeart Talk WTKS/F holding 4.7-4.7-4.8, Cox Talk WDBO/F up 3.4-4.0-4.2, Community Communications News/Talk WMFE 3.5-4.1-3.2, iHeart Talk WFLF 1.3. Cox Sports WDBO 1.4 vs. iHeart Sports WYGM .5.Mickey Stats: Stations 41, Subscribers 59%, Spanish 28%, AfroAm 16%, Swings + .5 Tropical WRUM (perfect calls), -- .8 RymCHR WPYO. Shares: Cox 27.1-26.9-27.7, iHeart 22.3,26.3-26.6, CBS 13.6-14.1-13.7, Central Florida Ed. Foundation 9.3-9.5-8.8.
35. COLUMBUS, OH . 1,523,900. "The All-iHeart All the Time market" again scoring the Top 4 share and Top 2 cume rankers. #1 Country WCOL dips 11.6-11.3-10.4 but keeps the runner up cume while CHR WNCI narrows the gap for 2nd 10.5-10.6-10.2 with their top cume down another 21k, 579-558k. iHeart Talk WTVN 5.3-5.4-5.5 is a distant 3rd and iHeart ClassicHits WODC 5.1-5.1-4.9, 4th. Christian Voice of Central Ohio WCVO takes a big leap with faith 3.8-3.9-4.7 for 5th share. Music. Wilks Classic Rock WLVQ 4.9-4.7-4.6 vs. iHeart ClassicRock WBWR 1.7 and WWCD, Ltd. ModRock 2.5-2.6-3.2 to tie Radio One Urban sliding WCKX 4.7-3.9-3.2; Radio One Urban A/C WMXG is better off 4.7-4.9-4.5. iHeart ModA/C WZCB grows 2.3-2.4-3.9, Ohio State U. Classical WOSA up to 1.5 andWilks ClassicCountry WHOK/F holds 1.3 to tie Columbus School District Variety WCBE 1.3. News/Talk/Sports: Ohio State N/T WOSU 3.5-3.2-3.1, iHeart Sports WYTS .3. Goodbye Columbus Stats: Stations 38, Subscribers 45%, AfroAm 16%, Spanish 3%. Swings +.8 Christian WCVO, -.9 Country WCOL/F. Shares: iHeart 36.6-36.7-36.9, Radio One 9.4-8.8-7.7, Wilks 6.1-6.0-5.9 (next deal?), Ohio State U 4.4-4.5-4.6.
36. SAN JOSE, CA . 1,501,600. In the San Francisco shadow. Cumulus Sports KNBR took "Giant" steps to #1 4.7-5.6-7.1 on the 6th market cume. Digity Media A/C KBAY up to 2nd 5.5-5.4-6.6, N/T KQED 6.1-6.5-6.2, Digity HotA/C KEZR #1 cume 773k and 4th share 5.2-5.5-5.6. CBS News KCBS/KFRC/F 5th, 5.3-5.7-5.2. Rounding out the Top 10: Univision SpanishAdult KBRG 6.1-5.0-4.6, CBS CHR KMVQ 3.8, Entercom ClassicRock KUFX 3.7, Empire Broadcasting Country KRTY 3.5 and a tie for 10th share between Entercom A/C KOIT 3.3 and iHeart HotA/C KIOI 3.3 San Jose Stats: Stations: 45, Subscribers 80%, Spanish 26%, AfroAm 3%, Swings +1.5 Sports KNBR, -- .5 News KCBS and -- .5 CHR KMVQ. Shares: Cumulus 15.9, Digity 12.2, Entercom 9.5, CBS 7.7, Univision 7.2.
37. AUSTIN, TX . 1,4761900. Emmis Communications holds on to #1 with AdultHits WBPA back up 8.6-7.2-7.9 and now with the 2nd high cume. iHeart repeats taking the next three share rankers: Country KVET 6.9-6.9-6.3, "other brother" Country KASE 6.8-6.1-6.1 and CHR KHFI 5.3-5.1-5.4 with a steady #1 cume 495-493k. Crista Media Christian KFMK stays in 5th 5.0-4.9-4.9. Music. Entercom A/C KKMJ/F 3.7-4.9-4.5 ties iHeart RymA/C dispenser KPEZ 5.3-4.4-4.5. Entercom ModA/C KAMX 4.3-4.4-4.3 and an Emmis tie between ModRock KROX/F 4.1-4.4-4.0 and Rock KLBJ/F 4.2-3.9-4.0. Emmis AA KGSR 2.6-2.6-2.5 vs. University Texas Austin AA KUTX 1.2, Principle Broadcasting Foundation AA KDRP-L .6 and iHeart AA KVET-HD2 .2. Entercom UrbanA/C KKMJ-HD3 a growing 2.7-3.0-3.5, Genuine Austin Country KOKE/F 2.1 and Capitol Broadcasting Classical KMFA 1.2. News/Talk/Sports. iHeart Talk KLBJ 4.1-4.4-4.6, UTA News KUT 3.9-4.2-4.3, Genuine Austin Radio Sports KTXX/F 1.6, iHeart KVET Sports 1.5, Entercom Talk KJCE .4. Spanish. Emmis RegMex KLZT steady 3.8 vs. Univision RegMex KLQB 2.6-2.2-2.3 and Genuine Austin RegMex KTXX-HD2 1.8. Univision SpanCHR drops 3.2-3.6-2.5.Austin Stats: Stations 35, Subscribers 77%, Spanish 30%, AfroAM 7%, Swings +.7 AdultHits KBPA, -1.1 SpanishCHR KLJZ. Market Shares: Emmis 27.3-26.1-26.8, iHeart 25.7-24.2-24.0, Entercom 10.7-12.3-12.7, Genuine Austin Radio 6.8-7.2-7.5, University of Texas Austin 5.2-5.8-5.5. Of Note: Austin HD signals account for a 7.5 share and another .6 from LowPower FM totals a futuristic 8.1.
38. MILWAUKEE . 1,474,500. Again, iHeart ranks 1, 3 & 5: Country WMIL-F #1 share holds 11.6-10.6-10.7 but cume drops back to 2nd by a scant 300 persons. #3 iHeart ClassicHits WRIT is 3rd dipping 6.9-6.4-6.1 and iHeart Talk WISN is now 5th 5.4-5.2-5.7. #2 share stays with Journal Broadcast Group News/Talk WTMJ 8.7-9.2-8.8 and Entercom HotA/C WMYX/F holds 4th 5.5-5.9-5.9 and takes over the #1 cume 448,100 vs WMIL 447,800. Music. Entercom CHR KXSS 4.8-5.3-5.1 vs. iHeart CHR WRNW 2.7-2.8-2.8. iHeart Urban WKKV/F 4.2--5.6-4.5 ties Milwaukee Radio Alliance ModRock WLUM 4.2-3.8-4.5 vs. Radio Milwaukee AA WYMS .8 and Milwaukee School of Engineering AA WMSE .3. Journal Broadcast AdultHits WLWK 4.2-4.1-3.9 Milwaukee Alliance A/C WLDB holding 3.6-3.8-3.8. News/Talk/Sports. University of Wisconsin N/T WUWM 2.5-2.3-2.1 vs. N/T Wisconsin Public Radio QWHAD 2.1-2.0-1.6, Gateway Tech N/T WGTD .2. Entercom Sports WSSP 1.5 vs. iHeart Sports WOKY .5. Brew City Stats: Stations 37, Subscribers 49%, AfroAm 16%, Spanish 9%, Swings +.7 ModRock WLUM, -1.1 Urban WKKV. Shares: iHeart 30.8-31.0-30.3, Journal 12.9-13.3-12.7, Entercom 11.5-12.5-12.5, Milwaukee Radio Alliance 8.3-8.2-8.9.
40. INDIANAPOLIS, IN . 1,429,100. Top 5 shifts favor Emmis, taking #1 share & #1 cume with SoftA/C WYXB 7.2-6.9-7.4 at 426k and 2nd share rank with Country WLHK 6.4-7.3-7.0. In 3rd, by that hair, is Cumulus Country WFMS growing 6.3-6.4-6.9 followed by a tie for 4th between Cumulus ClassicHits WJJK 6.6-7.5-6.3 and Radio One UrbanA/C WTLC/F 6.1-6.2-6.3. Music. Entercom CHR WZPL 6.7-5.3-5.5 vs. Radio One CHR WNOW/F 3.4-3.0-3.7 and Cumulus CHR WRWM 2.3-2.0-1.9. Radio One RymCHR WHHH 5.2-5.5-5.3, Entercom HotA/C WNTR 4.7-4.2-4.1. iHeart ClassicRock WFBQ 5.7-5.6-5.0, iHeart ModRock WOLT 4.3-4.6-4.5, Olivet Nazarene University ChristianRock WHZN .3,Moody Bible ReligiousTeaching WGNR quadcast .9. Radio One Gospel WTLC 1.8-2.8-2.0, University of Indianapolis Jazz WICR .8. News/Talk/Sports. Taking us back to the #6 share, Emmis Talk WIBC 5.6-5.5-6.2, Emmis Sports WFNI 2.2-2.6-2.5 is tied with Metropolitan Indianapolis Public N/T WFYI 2.3-2.4-2.5, Emmis Sports WIBC-HD2 1.7, vs. iHeart Sports WNDE .6 and Entercom Sports WXNT .1. Indianapolis Stats: 47 stations, 47% Nielsen subscribers, AfroAm 16%, Spanish 6%, Swings: + .7 Talk WIBC -.8 ClassicHits WJJK. Cluster Shares: Emmis 22.9-24.2-24.8, Radio One 17.5-17.5-17.3, Cumulus 15.2-13.9-15.1, iHeart 10.6-10.9-10.1, Entercom 11.5-9.6-9.7.
* Many Sports stations have less than a full share point.
* There's future in "alternative" signals IF there's good local content and presentation.
* Noncoms are showing impressive cluster numbers.
* Does digital mean delivery and mobile mean car radio or audio to go?
Broadcast Connector Clark Smidt,delivers non-duplicated input for content, presentation, operational expense and adding new business. Starting with NYC newspaper '65, Clark first did AM on-air in Bristol, CT '66, build an FM stereo '67, TV director '68, Boston management '71, advisor following CBS/FM Softrock '82, owner/operator Boston ADI 1987-2012. Passion: Results with teamwork & existing resources. www.broadcastideas.com. 978 470-2120. Andover, MA.
Copyright 2014 Streamline RBR, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Radio and Television Business Report (RBR+TVBR)|
|Date:||Dec 11, 2014|
|Previous Article:||Marijuana gets its own radio show.|
|Next Article:||FCC pulls over another EAS violator.|