Printer Friendly

ROCHESTER TEL ACQUIRES UTICA-ROME CELLULAR PROPERTIES

 ROCHESTER, N.Y., April 16 /PRNewswire/ -- Rochester Tel (NYSE: RTC) announced today that it has completed its acquisition of a 70 percent majority ownership of the Utica-Rome Cellular Partnership (URCP) operating in the Utica-Rome, New York Metropolitan Service Area (MSA). The remaining 30 percent will continue to be owned by NYNEX Mobile Communications Company. It will be part of the cellular supersystem in Upstate and Western New York that Rochester Tel Cellular and NYNEX Mobile Communications will operate. Last month the two companies finalized an agreement for this unique partnership that will provide cellular telephone customers with expanded geographic coverage.
 URCP provides cellular telephone service in Oneida and Herkimer counties, including a segment of the New York State Thruway. The total market population units (POPs) associated with the Utica-Rome MSA are 316,633.
 Local management will continue to be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the partnership, with Rochester providing strategic planning and oversight.
 Rochester Tel has operations that serve more than 1,000,000 customers through 50 telecommunications companies in 23 states. The company's principal lines of business include long distance, network systems, wireless and telephone operations. Rochester Tel is headquartered in Rochester, N.Y. and was incorporated in 1921.
 -0- 4/16/93
 /CONTACT: Diana Melville, corporate information, Rochester Tel, 716-777-1090/
 (RTC)


CO: Rochester Tel, Utica-Rome Cellular Partnership ST: New York IN: TLS SU: TNM

KL -- CL007 -- 6644 04/16/93 09:54 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1993 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1993 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Apr 16, 1993
Words:236
Previous Article:/C O R R E C T I O N -- HBO & COMPANY/
Next Article:VAN DORN ANNOUNCES COMPLETION OF MERGER WITH SUBSIDIARY OF CROWN CORK & SEAL COMPANY, INC.
Topics:


Related Articles
ROCHESTER TEL TO ACQUIRE 2ND TELEPHONE COMPANY IN GEORGIA
ROCHESTER TEL ANNOUNCES PLANS TO SELL S&A TELEPHONE
ROCHESTER TEL COMPLETES SALE OF KANSAS COMPANIES
ROCHESTER TEL WILL EXPAND CELLULAR INTERESTS IN NEW YORK AND ALABAMA; COMPANY PLANS TO SELL NORTH DAKOTA TELCO
ROCHESTER TEL PLANS TO SELL ONTONAGON COUNTY TELEPHONE IN MICHIGAN
FINGER LAKES AREA JOINS UPSTATE CELLULAR NETWORK; CELLULAR SERVICE WILL IMPROVE IN AUBURN, ITHACA, CORTLAND, SENECA FALLS
Township Telephone Joins TDS
Bell Atlantic Mobile to Purchase Wireless Interests From Frontier Corporation.
Bell Atlantic Mobile Completes Acquisition Of Frontier Cellular.
Bell Atlantic Mobile Completes Acquisition Of Frontier Cellular.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters