ROAST PORK; food news; Delicious things to cook, buy and eat...with glazed pears & carrots.
An easy but impressive roast dinner that's also dead healthy (shhh)
1.4 kg (3lb) boneless pork leg joint
3 firm pears, halved
1 tbsp demerara (brown) sugar
750g (1lb 10) carrots, trimmed (little ones are best)
2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
1. Preheat oven to 220C/450F/Gas 7. Place pork joint in a roasting tin and roast for 15 mins then reduce oven temperature to 190C /400F/Gas 5 and roast for a further 45 mins.
2. Scoop cores out of the pear halves. Place sugar on a plate and press cut sides of the pear in sugar to coat.
3. After 45 mins, add the carrots to the roasting tin and place the pear halves on top. Scatter the thyme all over then spoon some cooking juices over the pears and carrots. Return to the oven and roast for a further 45 mins or until pork is cooked (the juice should run clear when the centre of the joint is pierced with a skewer or knife), and the pears and carrots are caramelised and tender.
4. Remove roasting tin from the oven, cover loosely with foil and leave for 15 mins. Keep the pears and carrots warm.
5. Remove the skin and any fat from the pork and cut the pork into thin slices. Serve with the pears and carrots.
HEALTHY ROAST OPTION
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Sunday Mirror (London, England)|
|Date:||Nov 11, 2012|
|Previous Article:||BEAUTY SURVEY 2012; TRY OUT GREAT NEW PRODUCTS FOR FREE!|
|Next Article:||WIN 5 PAIRS of TickeTs To THE TWILIGHT PREMIERE.|