Printer Friendly

REVEALED: MUMBAI MASSACRE GUNMEN.

Byline: By LAURIE HANNA

THESE are the faces of eight of the nine suspected Islamic militants killed in the Mumbai massacre last month.

The chief investigator revealed photos of the men - some from ID cards, others gruesome shots of the dead attackers, aged 20 to 28.

Indian cops said investigators had uncovered new details, including their hometowns in Pakistan.

Rakesh Maria, Mumbai's chief investigator, yesterday revealed the names and aliases they used. He did not say how police had tracked down their hometowns, but they have been interrogating the lone surviving gunman. India has blamed the Pakistani-based group Lashkar-e-Taiba for the attacks that left 171 people dead at train stations, the Taj Mahal Palace hotel, the Oberoi Trident hotel and the Nariman House Jewish centre.

Pakistan has arrested another 20 people, but said it would not hand over any of its citizens to India.

CAPTION(S):

KILLERS Abdul Rehaman Chota, Nasir, alias Abu Umar, and Abu Soheb hit Oberoi, Nariman House and Taj; SHOT Babar Imaran, alias Abu Akasha, at Nariman House; GUNNED DOWN Isamal Khan at railway station, Abu Ali at Taj Palace and Fahad Ullah at the Oberoi hotel; TERRORIST Bada Abdul Rehaman who stormed the Taj
COPYRIGHT 2008 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:The Mirror (London, England)
Date:Dec 10, 2008
Words:199
Previous Article:DAN SUICIDE: NO CHARGES.
Next Article:IS IT THE FAG END? Shops ban could be finish for cigs.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |