Quiz of the Day.
2. Which two primary colours are mixed to make purple?
3. Which spice is obtained from the outer husk of the nutmeg?
4. Who sang Now You Has Jazz with Bing Crosby in the film High Society?
5. In terms of modern technology, what is known as GPS?
6. Which early Greek physician is known as 'the father of medicine'?
7. In which sport do women compete biennially for the Curtis Cup?
8. What animal is called cochon in French?
9. Which Dutch landlocked sea is separated from the North Sea by a dam built in 1932?
10. What was the name of the group formed by Yoko Ono and John Lennon in 1969?
ANSWERS: 1 Terry Gilliam; 2 Red and blue; 3 Mace; 4 Louis Armstrong; 5 The global positioning system in navigation which uses 24 satellites; 6 Hippocrates; 7 Golf; 8 The pig; 9 Ijsselmeer, once known as the Zuider Zee; 10 The Plastic Ono Band.
Yoko Ono - see Question 10