QUIZ OF THE DAY.
2. Which crime writer created the detective Adam Dalgliesh?
3. In which English county is the Isle of Purbeck?
4. Which London racecourse, nicknamed The Frying Pan, closed its doors to horse racing in 1970?
5. Of which country was Carol I, of the Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen dynasty, the first king, from 1881 to 1914?
6. For which cartoon character in the Shrek series of films did Eddie Murphy supply the voice?
7. Which football league team plays at the Liberty Stadium?
8. Which company was formed by Charlie Chaplin, Mary Pickford and others to distribute their films in 1919?
9. Which Shakespeare play was used as the title of a Dire Straits song in 1981?
10. What is the name of the open-air theatre in the cliffs, which has the sea as a backdrop, near Land's End, Cornwall?
QUIZ OF THE DAY: 1 Some Like it Hot; 2 P.D. James; 3 Dorset; 4 Alexandra Park; 5 Romania; 6 Donkey; 7 Swansea City; 8 United Artists; 9 Romeo And Juliet; 10 The Minack Theatre.
Eddie Murphy-see Question 6
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Western Mail (Cardiff, Wales)|
|Date:||Feb 12, 2008|
|Previous Article:||Morning Serial.|
|Next Article:||coffee break: Change of tack nearly off the radar; Review Athlete Cardiff University.|