QUIZ OF THE DAY; coffee break.
2. Michael Gambon played the title role in which Dennis Potter television drama?
3. Who became British prime minister in 1945?
4. To what creature is Robert Burns referring when he describes a "wee, sleekit, cow'rin tim'rous beastie."?
5. What did Lord Armstrong, Sir Joseph Whitworth and Benjamin B. Hotchkiss all invent types of?
6. In which country is the Sunshine Coast, which includes the resorts of Noosa Heads and Caloundra?
7. What name links a dormant volcano in western Washington state and a European ruling house?
8. In which BBC TV comedy series did Dawn French play the role of Rosie Bales?
9. Which future actor was the first man to swim 100 metres freestyle in less than a minute?
10. Who was the last Russian tsar?
QUIZ OF THE DAY: 1 Marbles; 2 The Singing Detective; 3 Clement Attlee; 4 A mouse; 5 Guns and cannons; 6 Australia; 7 Rainier; 8 Jam & Jerusalem; 9 Johnny Weissmuller; 10 Nicholas II.
Dawn French - see Question 8
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Western Mail (Cardiff, Wales)|
|Date:||Dec 3, 2008|
|Previous Article:||The Death of Justice; Morning Serial COLUMNIST.|
|Next Article:||Only Men Aloud! star joins friend Bryn; Preview Christmas With Bryn St David's Hall, Cardiff coffee break.|