Printer Friendly

Pupils teach families to be gas safe.

PUPILS in Birmingham have been teaching their families how to stay safe after starring in an educational film about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Youngsters at Park Hill Primary School in Alcester Road, Moseley, helped produce the short DVD in a bid to encourage residents in the suburb to ensure their gas appliances are safe.

The initiative was run by the Moseley Community Development Trust in a year-long campaign to help the elderly and vulnerable residents.

Spokesman Tony Thaper said: "There are vulnerable families in our neighbourhood and we wanted to make sure that they were safe.

"The children at the school have done a great job in producing the DVD that helps keep their families safe from carbon monoxide poisoning."

The project was funded through a grant dished out by The Gas Safety Trust, which works to promote consumer awareness.
COPYRIGHT 2013 Birmingham Post & Mail Ltd
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2013 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Birmingham Mail (England)
Date:Jun 3, 2013
Words:142
Previous Article:'Nimbyism' claim over plans to convert home into flats.
Next Article:Hundreds tuck in to a Big Lunch.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters