Procurement Round Table 2006: Elmer B. Staats Young Acquisition Professional Excellence Award.
For the fourth year, the Procurement Round Table, in cooperation with the senior procurement executives, will award $5,000 to a young federal acquisition professional who has contributed significantly to acquisition operations or acquisition policy:
* Noteworthy contributions to acquisition operations include extraordinary business leadership or team participation in the design, development, or execution of an acquisition program or project that furthers an agency's mission. Such contributions also include performance of any single task that merits special recognition because of its contribution to meeting an acquisition's cost, schedule, and performance goals.
* Noteworthy contributions to acquisition policy include the development of a management policy, regulation, data system, or other task that significantly enhances the economy, efficiency, and effectiveness of an agency's acquisition system or the federal acquisition system.
To be eligible for the Young Acquisition Professional Excellence Award, candidates must
* Have made a noteworthy contribution to acquisition operations or policy within 18 months of the due date for nominations;
* Have at least five years of civil or military service as a contracting officer, contract specialist, procurement analyst, or purchasing agent; and
* Be no more than 37 years of age as of the due date for nominations.
Nominations must be submitted for the 2006 award by January 31, 2006. Each nomination must be approved by the Head of the Contracting Activity, describe the candidate's accomplishments in detail (but not exceed 3 pages), and include a summary of the accomplishment not exceeding 150 words. The nominations should be submitted on signed letterhead (original and one copy) to the:
Procurement Round Table
@ ESI International
Attn: Paul Denett
901 North Glebe Road, Suite 200
Arlington, VA 22203
Questions may be sent to email@example.com.
The Elmer B. Staats Young Acquisition Professional Excellence Award will be presented at the Federal Acquisition Institute's June 2006 Federal Acquisition Conference and Exposition, held in Washington, D.C.