Post-bariatric weight loss product.
Robard Corporation introduces BariCare[TM], a post-bariatric weight loss product. BariCare[TM] supplements, while a beneficial protein supplement for all stages of weight loss, have been specially-designed to be prepared as 2-, 3- or 4-oz. portion sizes for use in various stages of tire post-surgery patient experience. According to the company, the bariatric product offers:
* 20 g of easily digestible whey proteins and vital vitamins, minerals and fiber, while low in sugar and fat.
* The ability to be consumed as soon as the post-op patient has progressed to a full liquid diet.
* Optimal amounts of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
* A design specifically for patients undergoing Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, providing 35 percent of the daily recommended intake for iron, 345 mg of vitamin B12, which is 5,000 percent of the daily recommended intake, and 100 percent of the daily recommended intake of vitamin D.
* The ability to deliver a proportionally high amount (20 g) of protein, primarily whey protein isolates, a complete protein source for patients undergoing biliopancreatic diversion.
* 50 percent of the daily recommended intake for thiamine, particularly beneficial to patients with frequent vomiting.
* Nutrient-dense to maintain healthy lean muscle mass and vitamin and mineral storage during weight loss.
* The ability to help prevent the temptation to skip meals, which can compromise daily nutritional intake and lead to malnutrition.
* Availability in a variety of flavors.
Write in 358