* A $3,500 diamond was stolen between 2:40 and 3:15 p.m. Friday after someone broke into a vehicle parked on the 800 block of Hanson Street.
* A resident of the 200 block of North Van Nortwick Avenue reported a case of identity theft at 7:13 p.m. Monday after learning $1,500 and $1,700 had been transferred out of the resident's bank account and to an unknown account.
* William T. Fixmer, 19, of the 500 block of Pinewood Drive, North Aurora, was arrested and charged at 12:54 a.m. Saturday with driving under the influence of alcohol, resisting a peace officer, driving on a sidewalk, screeching tires, illegal consumption of alcohol by a minor and failure to reduce speed after hitting an unattended vehicle on the 200 block of South Prairie Street, according to police.
* An iPhone7, valued at $800, was reported stolen at 12:46 a.m. Friday from a business on the 1200 block of North Raddant Road.
* A resident of the 35W800 block of Highland Avenue near Elgin reported a case of identity theft at 12:22 p.m. April 2 after receiving bills of $1,104 from Home Depot and $754 from Kohl's on accounts the resident did not open. The offender also tried to open four more accounts on March 25.
* Someone slashed four tires on a vehicle parked on the 1600 block of Reckinger Road near Aurora between 7 p.m. Thursday and 5:20 a.m. Friday, causing an estimated $300 damage.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL)|
|Date:||Apr 10, 2019|
|Previous Article:||County keeps BCBS for staff Debate: Board members say having Blue Cross keeps staffers from leaving.|
|Next Article:||The battle against climate change.|