Police claims to have thwarted sabotage of CPEC.
Addressing news conference here at the CTD civil lines, CTD official Chaudhry Arif said in December 2016 both the arrested terrorists, named Fayaz Hussain and Liaquat Ali, had carried out terrorist attack on Chinese nationals who were working on CPEC project. 'Today morning the counter terrorism Department on tip-off conducted raid at a place at Mirza Adam Khan road in the remits of garden police station and arrested Fayaz Hussain and Liaquat Ali, both associated with Shafi Burfat group of JSMM,' said the official. Police also recovered Anti Pakistan literature of JSMM, explosive material, Safety Fuses and ball bearings from the possession of the terrorists.
During interrogation the suspects, police claim, have disclosed that in December 2016 they along their accomplice Nasrullah s/o Rajab Ali had installed a 500 Gm bomb in a motorbike to blow the vehicles taking Chinese engineers to CPEC project up in Sukkar city of Sindh.
'No one was, however, died in the attack but these terrorists went underground to escape arrest,' said Arif.
The accused, he said, have told that they have several time been arrested in past. The accused Fayaz Hussain is in charge of JSMM Khairpur and he was arrested by Hingoria police station in 2015 for firing. A case has also been registered against Liaquat Ali in police station Section-A Sukkar. The accused had been distributing anti-Pakistan literature in which they have stressed to form a new country named Sindhu Desh for the people of Sindh. The accused had been inciting people against the security agencies of the country and had been active on social media.
The accused further disclosed that JSMM has setup Sindhu Desh for anti-Pakistan activities and main target is to sabotage the CPEC project. 'For this purpose, a militant wing with name of Sindh Liberation Army also had been setup', the official told.
In May 2006 Karachi police said that a militant wing of Jeay Sindh Muttahida Mahaz (JSMM) - Sindhu Desh Revolutionary Army - has attacked a Chinese engineer with remote control bomb in Gulshan-e-Hadeed area of the city here on Monday, however, the engineer remained unhurt whereas his Pakistani driver sustained minor injuries.
A pamphlet - police said they found at the site of blast - reads that they wouldn't accept the supremacy of China in southern Pakistani province, where resources should be owned by Sindhis only. 'We consider China, rising as a global power, to be an ally of Pakistan, and also consider it an accomplice of the Punjabi Establishment in making Sindh slave to loot its resources, and therefore we accept the responsibility of bomb attack on Chinese in Gulshan-e-Hadeed,' the handbill reads, adding they wanted to make it clear to China that the outfit will oppose every anti-Sindh project including the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
Soon after the attack the police reached at the sport and rushed the injured Driver - a Pakistani national - to nearby hospital, according to reports. SP Mazhar Mashwani, a senior official in Counter Terrorism Department - then told The Frontier Post that around half KG explosive was used in the remote control blast.
According to DIG East Zone Dr Kamran Fazal, the roadside bomb was planted opposite Quaid-i-Azam Park along National Highway.
According to Police, Shafi Burfat group of the Jeay Sindh was involved in the attack; however, a statement from its general secretary Sajjad Shar said his organization had no link with blast as they believed in political struggle.
Earlier that year in February, the organization had take out anti-China rallies in Badin and Jamshoro, which, according to a notification of interior minister, had created fear and concern among the Chinese diplomats and officials. Highly charged speeches were delivered against the Chinese nationals, sources said.
On May 25, 2016, the organization Jeay Sindh Muttahida Mahaz (JSMM) Shafi Burfat group had organized an event on the occasion of GM Syed's anniversary in which a audio tape of Burfat - a Germany based self-exiled leader - was played. 'Burfat had threatened Chinese of attacks if they didn't leave the projects,' a source present in the gathering told this scribe.
'The organization had asked Chinese to immediately abandon Zulfiqarabad project in Thatha, which they believe, is against the interest of Sindh province and Sindhi people.'
The organization was placed in the list of banned organization in December 2013. The federal government's notification, declaring JSMM outlawed, stated the organization's militant wing was involved in attacks on electricity poles and railways tracks.
It's pertinent to mention that The Sindh's provincial apex committee meeting held in January this year had decided to raise a force of 2000 personnel for the security of the of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) - for the part that will pass through Sindh province.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Frontier Post (Peshawar, Pakistan)|
|Date:||Apr 27, 2018|
|Previous Article:||'Pakistan not uneasy over Indian missiles activities'.|
|Next Article:||'PML-N mocking state institutions'.|