Police ask for more time to quiz pair.
POLICE are asking for more time to quiz two suspects over three shootings in Coventry this week.
Three men, all in their 20s and from the Foleshill area, were arrested on Wednesday evening. One was today released without charge.
Det Insp Deborah Harrod, senior investigating officer, said police were applying to magistrates for an extension on the other two.
This would allow them to continue questioning the remaining two men until tomorrow.
The men were arrested in connection with three shootings in the city that police believe may be linked.
The first incidents took place early on Sunday morning, when shots were fired in Sewall Highway, Wyken and the Burges, in the city centre.
On Monday evening, a man was blasted with machine gun fire as he sat in his parked car in Sewall Highway.
Det Insp Harrod said a loaded gun had been recovered and was being sent for forensic testing.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Coventry Evening Telegraph (England)|
|Date:||Aug 15, 2003|
|Previous Article:||Ma-in-law visits Best.|
|Next Article:||Daytrippers quit concrete city; HEATWAVE ROUND-UP.|