Printer Friendly

Poland : MORENERGY - MObile demonstration line for generation of Renewable ENERGY from micronised biomass.

Project reference: LIFE11 ENV/PL/000442

Duration: 01-JUL-2012 to 31-DEC -2014

Total budget: 3,214,270.00 , 4236729.29 US Dollar

EU contribution: 1,482,135.00

Project location : Mazowieckie

Background: Biomass is an important source of renewable energy and in Poland the technical potential of biomass is estimated at 408-755 PJ/yr. Some 80% of Poland s biomass is in solid form and the other 20% is found in liquid states. Whilst biomass energy production from direct forest harvests is expected to reduce in Poland, scope still exists to produce renewable energy from waste biomass products. Care is needed during such energy conversion processes to avoid pollution risks caused by possibly harmful elements in the waste biomass. Technology is therefore required that is able to safely use waste biomass as a source of renewable energy.

One option for this is micronisation technology which involves using specially designed rotating rotors to exert sufficiently high levels of force so as to break up waste biomass into molecular material. Such technology already exists and has been applied, for example, in food processing. The technology has not however been transferred to, nor tested at, an operational level in the biomass sector and so no ready-made equipment for this purpose currently exists.

Objectives: The main objective of the %MORENERGY% project is to demonstrate an innovative technology using micronisation methods for generating pollutant-free energy from waste biomass. A full-scale prototype demonstration installation will be designed and built to test and document the performance of micronisation techniques in biomass energy production under different operational parameters. Economic and environmental performance will be monitored and used to inform an awareness raising campaign aimed at promoting the technology s market uptake. Long-term legacies from the project are expected to contribute to climate action targets at national, EU and global levels. Expected results: The main anticipated project results relate to validation of the new technology on a commercial-scale and raising awareness about the benefits of such technology among targeted stakeholders. More specifically the project will: Create and launch a Prototype of Demonstration Installation; Produce an Environmental Impact Statement, taking into account the technology s environmental impact; Produce an energy balance report, taking into account the energy needs of the technological process;Produce an economic assessment, taking into account the economic viability of technology; and Carry out 1

country :Poland

2013 Al Bawaba (Albawaba.com)

Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
COPYRIGHT 2013 Al Bawaba (Middle East) Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2013 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Mena Report
Geographic Code:4EXPO
Date:Sep 7, 2013
Words:402
Previous Article:Netherlands : Peelvenen - "Let the raised bogs grow" Natura 2000 Deurnsche Peel/Mariapeel.
Next Article:Poland : OZERISE - Agricultural farms and smart grids integrated renewable energy sources.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters