Poisonous gas in Quetta's coal mine kills four workers in Pakistan.
Summary: Quetta [Pakistan], Sept 8 (ANI): Four people, working in a coal mine in Quetta's Sanjdi area, on Friday died of suffocation due to the presence of a poisonous gas inside the mine.
Quetta [Pakistan], Sept 8 ( ANI ): Four people, working in a coal mine in Quetta's Sanjdi area, on Friday died of suffocation due to the presence of a poisonous gas inside the mine.
Rescue workers retrieved the bodies of the coal miners and shifted the unconscious men to a nearby hospital after the Sanjdi coal mine in suburbs of Quetta was filled with poisonous gas.
According to the rescue workers, the miners were working thousands of feet deep inside the mine when suddenly the poisonous gas filled the space.
"Working conditions for miners are very poor. Neither are they compensated nor are they provided proper protective gear for working inside mines, Dawn quoted Bakht Nawab, a labour leader as saying.
Such untoward incidents are common in the coal mines of Balochistan due to lack of safety arrangements in the mines.( ANI )
Copyright [c] 2017 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Asian News International|
|Date:||Sep 8, 2017|
|Previous Article:||Marital rape case: Delhi HC adjourns matter for Sept. 20.|
|Next Article:||ED to withdraw lookout notice against Moin Querashi's wife, daughter.|