Poisonous gas claim five lives in Haripur, Pasni.
HARIPUR/ PASNI -- At least five persons were killed in two different incidents after they inhaled poisonous gas after they fell into wells in Pasni and Haripur.
In the first incident, when a child fell into a deep well in the Pasni area on Monday, two labourers working nearby jumped into the wall to rescue him. However, all the three fell unconscious due to suffocating poisonous gas and died on the spot. They were later retrieved by locals and their bodies were shifted to a local hospital for medico-legal formalities.
In the second incident, two labourers died after they inhaled poisonous gas while digging a well in the Gazi area of Haripur.
According to local police, the labourers had gone inside the deep well to overhaul a water electric motor. The labourers were identified as Mehmood Shah and Akhter Shah.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||The Frontier Star (Northwest Frontier Province, Pakistan)|
|Date:||Jul 21, 2015|
|Previous Article:||Terror bid foiled, two bombs defused in Kurram Agency, Tank.|
|Next Article:||Meeting with Modi: PM to take army chief, politicalleadership into confidence.|