Printer Friendly

Articles from Plant & Works Engineering (May 1, 2017)

1-67 out of 67 article(s)
Title Author Type Words
1000th trainee gains certification. 133
A successful blend of tradition and technology. 746
Aerospace accreditation. 110
Annual steam protection service. 270
Anti-electrostatic approval. 141
BCAS' monthly column for the compressed air user. Column 258
Best in class tank pump. 127
Boilers make significant energy saving costs: Portsmouth City Council has been able to make significant energy saving costs of nearly [pounds sterling]30,000 per annum as well as permanently reduce the energy demands of the council's Civic Centre building following the replacement of the aged boiler plant with three Ferrali Prextherm RHS Tonda 1400kW steel shell boilers. PWE reports. 498
Calls for industrial strategy to be bold and long-term. 501
Carbon infra-red oven. 143
Celebrating 50 years. 125
Changing bad gear oil habits: Mark Burnett explores how businesses can improve the effectiveness of their gear oil. 521
Company acquisition. 134
Compressed air is changing... PWE reports from this year's Hannover Fair where Gardner Denver has launched a new, water-cooled oil-free compressor from its CompAir brand--Ultima - offering up to 12% improved energy efficiency compared to a conventional two-stage machine with a 37% smaller footprint. 710
Connecting and processing data points. 143
Cooling output inside enclosures. 103
CPD-accredited webinars. 135
Cut maintenance costs. 110
Damp-proof coverings. 106
Daylight quality lighting. 129
Drive data in the cloud. 121
EEF - the manufacturers' organisation monthly news comment. Scuoler, Terry 415
Electric pallet truck. 121
Energy efficiency at the top of the agenda: for industrial compressed-air plants, the cost of acquisition accounts on average for only about 30% of the total lifecycle cost. The remaining 70% - energy costs. The good news is: upgrading to the latest compressed-air technology can reduce those costs significantly. It is no surprise then that energy efficiency remained top of the agenda at ComVac at this year's Hannover Fair. 456
Engineering excellence. 121
Enhanced welding training. 142
Extruder flanges. 143
Far East partner network. 145
Filler metals. 128
Filling skills gap: engineering and manufacturing companies of any size could fill skills gaps by using the Government's new Apprenticeship Levy, which came into force on 6 April. For the first time, employees aged 24 and over will attract 90% funding for apprenticeship training, with no upper age limit and with eligibility for graduates. PWE reports. 516
Filter booster range. 128
Flame arresters and breather valves. 178
Hardware rental scheme. 133
Helmet mounted ear defenders. 131
High performance sealing products. 229
High pressure valves. 126
High-speed roll-up door. 140
Hoist & crane control. 232
IMechE responds to MP report on the risks to the UK nuclear sector from Brexit. 288
Improve manufacturing operations. 122
Instant security solution. 141
Intelligent safety interlocks. 143
Lapping for valve manufacturers. 108
Loading bay solution. 123
Mag meter installation. 133
Maximising pump efficiency: industrial processes across the globe require pumps to operate reliably and efficiently. The latest pump designs and coating technologies offer significant improvements in the long-term performance of industrial pumps. By minimising the effects of corrosion and erosion, users can enhance productivity and reduce running costs. PWE reports. 2114
Measuring UV transmittance. 137
Modular industrial gear units. 127
National sight conservation campaign. 143
New online Steel Navigator. 120
OEM parking management kit. 142
Oil/water separators. 119
PAT testing made easy. 132
Piezoelectric strain sensor. 114
Process safety certificate. 124
Queen's Award for Enterprise. 260
Rapid temperature measurement. 182
Shaping enterprise asset management. 1107
Survey reveals soft approach to cyber security. 304
Ten panel solar array. 115
The need for stability. Blutstein, Aaron 319
Things to bear in mind... Chris Johnson, managing director of SMB Bearings, explains the considerations manufacturers must take when choosing bearings and lubrication in the food and beverage industry. 656
Trouble shooter. 228
Vacuum pumps and blowers. 146
Vehicle design challenge. 130
Venturi Orifice steam traps. 129
Who is responsible for PUWER compliance? Warren Spiers of Spiers Engineering Safety explores 'who is responsible for PUWER compliance?' and why it is important for those individuals to plan ahead. 1654

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters