Plan a screening event.
We plan and carry out our screening events in five simple steps.
1. Select a date; coordinate the date with physicians, phlebotomists, and volunteers.
2. Advertise a phone number so patients can call in to make an appointment.
3. We front load many appointments (have several come at the same time).
4. We have the flow predesigned: Patients check in, get blood drawn, and have an examination performed. Then they exit with another physician who explains the physical results.
5. We mail the results of the prostate-specific antigen test directly to the patients who self-addressed an envelope when they checked in.
Chris Gatlin, RN, OCN[R], MHA Director, Medicine and
Oncology Services Baton Rouge General Medical Center
Baton Rouge, LA
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||YOU TELL US|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Sep 1, 2008|
|Previous Article:||Free screening event draws almost 1,000 men.|
|Next Article:||Nurses hold fifth post-ONS Congress in the Netherlands.|