Printer Friendly

Picture starts freak blaze.

AN ILLUMINATED picture started a blaze at a Coventry house after it fell off the wall and set fire to clothing.

The fire happened at Chandos Court, Binley, at 6.15pm on Sunday, while the residents were out.

It took crews more than two hours to extinguish the blaze and clear the smoke after the accident involving the battery-powered picture.

Binley station officer Sean Minshull said: "The fire was started by an unusual electrical accident.

"A picture of the sky which was hanging in the house had stars on it which light up at night, and it had fallen off the wall and set fire to some clothing."
COPYRIGHT 2006 Coventry Newpapers
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2006 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Coventry Evening Telegraph (England)
Date:Jul 11, 2006
Words:108
Previous Article:Tower of power may be toppled; DEVELOPMENT: Wide-ranging study looks at council's properties.
Next Article:Woman, 71 injured in car park accident.


Related Articles
Black Country News: Police probe factory arson; BILSTON.
'It's heartbreaking to think they stood in their petrol soaked nightclothes begging him not to set them on fire' OMAGH FIRE: MURDERS STUN COMMUNITY...
TEENS ESCAPE BUS BLAZE ON M-WAY; oxegen '08 ..it's finally arrived Festival fever grips as music fans head to racecourse.
Blaze on Channel Tunnel; EMERGENCY: Travellers left stranded.
Salma Hayek blasts 'freaky' paparazzi.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters