Printer Friendly

Pet ban for snake pit man.

A MAN who almost died after being bitten by one of his own poisonous snakes has been banned from keeping animals for 10 years.

Lee Thompson, 27, was also fined pounds 325 and ordered to pay pounds 1,500 costs after police discovered his den of deadly snakes and insects.

Officers who raided his home in Basildon, Essex, found scorpions venomous enough to kill humans, a gaboon viper, the most poisonous viper, and a spitting cobra among dozens of deadly animals.

Thompson came to police attention last year when he narrowly survived being bitten by a death adder in the pet shop where he worked.

He pleaded guilty to keeping wild animals without a licence.
COPYRIGHT 2009 MGN LTD
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2009 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Sunday Mirror (London, England)
Date:Jul 5, 2009
Words:115
Previous Article:Cheryl's sure got the legs factor..
Next Article:Tor ture film thug is jailed.
Topics:

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters