Payout to mother over tot's death.
Orlando Alison was diagnosed with chickenpox in May 2001 and treated with antibiotics for a possible secondary infection.
When his condition worsened, his mother Anita Douglas took him to Birmingham Children's Hospital, where the drugs were removed, and he died from streptococcal septicaemia on June 1.
In a statement issued through her lawyer, Miss Douglas, a 30-year-old student nurse, from Erdington, Birmingham, said she hoped such mistakes would never be repeated.
Birmingham Children's Hospital NHS Trust apologised unreservedly for the "inadequate care" Orlando received.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Coventry Evening Telegraph (England)|
|Date:||Mar 20, 2004|
|Previous Article:||New city centre homes taking shape for our feathered friends.|
|Next Article:||celebrations bringing you the winning Mother's Day drawings.|