Printer Friendly

Patient took overdose.

A PSYCHIATRIC patient wrote "Life is terrible.

Must die." before taking an overdose, an inquest heard yesterday.

Raymond Parker, 59, of Manchester Road, Linthwaite, died from a self - administered morphine overdose at his home on April 3, 2008.

Mr Parker, who had been under psychiatric care, had suffered depression and anxiety which various medications had failed to relieve.

The court heard Mr Parker had written a few letters, wishing he was dead, to a former colleague.

Recording that Mr Parker had taken his own life, coroner James Turnbull said: "He had come to the end of the line and took this overdose with intention of taking his life."
COPYRIGHT 2008 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Huddersfield Daily Examiner (Huddersfield, England)
Date:Nov 13, 2008
Words:108
Previous Article:Coroner issues warrant.
Next Article:Pick of the day.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters