With its new TransMagic R7 SP2, TransMagic (Westminster, CO) introduces parallel processing technology, a new JT read/write add on translator, major CAD version support and other usability features. According to the company, the software exhibits:
* Large CAD file translation and geometry repair operations that are very compute-intensive.
* The ability for all TransMagic products to perform multiple operations simultaneously by taking advantage of dual and quad core computers for enhanced performance.
* JT files can be read and written in both visualization and B-Rep forms.
* Use in any CAD/CAM/CAE application as JT files with B-Rep information can be translated as geometry.
* More than 150 different data exchange options in 1 application.
* Officially certified by Autodesk for use with Inventor 2009.
* Updated CAD version support for CATIA V5 R18, SolidWorks 2008 and ACIS R18 file formats.
* New split window view ports, high resolution 2-D image processing and other usability features.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||New Products: Software|
|Publication:||Product Design & Development|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2008|
|Previous Article:||Color-based quality inspection.|
|Next Article:||Thin envelope.|