Palm oil warning for dog walkers.
DOG OWNERS have been told to take care on a second Welsh beach due to a substance believed to be palm oil.
Visitors and residents near Ogmore Beach in the Vale of Glamorgan are being advised to keep dogs on leads around the liquid, which can be harmful to pets.
Vale of Glamorgan council posted the warning on social media on Tuesday night.
The discovery follows a similar warning over the weekend due to chunks of the substance found on the coastline of Tenby North beach in Pembrokeshire.
While not harmful to humans, palm oil can be fatal for dogs - especially if eaten.
It can cause symptoms including sickness, diarrhoea, dehydration and, in extreme cases, pancreatitis.
Earlier this year the controversial substance hit the headlines after Iceland released its Christmas advert raising awareness of the impact palm oil has on the south-east Asian rainforests and critically endangered species.
The advert was branded "too political" by advertising watchdogs who said it breaks rules banning political advertising laid down by the 2003 Communications Act.