PUB QUIZ UNCOVERED.
PUB: The Bay Horse, Cramlington, Northumberland
QUESTION MASTER: John
DAY AND TIME OF QUIZ: Monday, 9pm
PRICE: 50p per person
PRIZE MONEY: Three prizes, all money taken paid out
PARTICIPATING AGE GROUPS: Wide range of ages participating
STAR RATING: 7/10
NUMBER OF TEAMS: Tweve
MARKING SYSTEM: Marked by John
MOST UNUSUAL NAME: Cross Between a Shirt and a Shoe
ROUND 1: Picture Round. Nine photos and a film to identify
ROUND 2:10 questions based on 2008
ROUND 3:10 Questions based on 2008
ROUND 4:10 as above but to do with weddings and break-ups
ROUND 5:10 clips of music to identify the artist from 2008
BETWEEN ROUNDS: "Play Your Cards Right" for pounds 32 and it was won.
COMMENT This is the sort of challenge I normally dislike with all the posers coming from the current year and weddings and divorces strongly featured. These are items I choose to ignore in any paper. I have found that if I set a quiz myself, then these subjects are taboo, certainly with male contestants, and our host did suffer some mild abuse from the male sector. Nevertheless the marks attained were high, but perhaps this was down to a good sprinkling of young females in the audience. I am sure I was just unlucky on John's choice of subject on the night, and this was done to give variety to the evening and not typical. There was a good turnout and a friendly atmosphere, and I am sure there are lots of people reading this who are thinking, never mind Woz, this is the quiz night I am looking for!
10 QUESTIONS FROM THE QUIZ
All questions are from 2008
1) Which member of the EU changed from lira to euros?
2) The 81-year-old leader, of which country, handed over power to his 77-year-old brother?
3) What was Christmas Day's most-watched programme?
4) Who won the X Factor?
5) Which TV programme celebrated its 50th Anniversary?
6) Which action hero made a return to the cinema after a 19-year gap?
7) In which country was the European Cup Football final played?
8) What is the name of Andrew Sachs' granddaughter abused by Jonathan Ross on air?
9) Which "Grease" star walked The Great Wall of China for charity?
10) What is the name of Adrian Chiles estranged wife?
ANSWERS: 1) Malta, 2) Cuba, 3) Wallace and Gromit,
4) Alexandra Burke, 5) Blue Peter, 6) Indiana Jones,
7) Russia, 8) Georgina, 9) Olivia Newton John,
10) Jane Garvey
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Evening Chronicle (Newcastle, England)|
|Date:||Jan 23, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Keep on top of little jobs; This week JOHN CUTHBERTSON, of Benfield Volkswagen Silverlink Dealership, offers advice to keep your car in shape for...|
|Next Article:||Spades used in home raids.|