PIMA's 2004 Leadership Conference focuses on thriving in a challenging environment.
If you have responsibilities in operations, finance, maintenance, process/performance optimization or information technology you should attend this conference. The program is filled with a wealth of valuable educational sessions, technology showcases, networking opportunities, and other tools to help you thrive in these challenging times. Conference attendees will:
* Acquire the best practices and tools for developing and sustaining innovation
* Discover what business factors CEOs and CIOs focus on to keep a company thriving
* Learn to transform maintenance reliability into results
* Understand how to continually manage costs to improve profits
* Benchmark with industry leaders in targeted sessions and roundtables
* Gain greater performance from your employees through personal accountability and managing conflict
Top marketplace leaders will present their views on how they are thriving in this current economic environment. The keynote speaker for the 2004 Leadership Conference is Sean O'Keefe of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). O'Keefe will kick off the conference by sharing his experiences with NASA and discuss leadership, innovation, and the will to get positive results in a discussion titled: Leadership in a Thriving Environment.
This year's President's Panel will discuss critical and timely issues facing the pulp and paper industry, personal beliefs about leadership development, and their insights into achieving success in the industry environment. The President's Panel includes:
* Dr. William H. Joyce, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Nalco Company
* Jan Brons, President, SKF Reliability Systems
* Tom Brown, President and CEO, Caraustar
The conference will be brought to a close with the Chief Information Officer (CIO) Panel discussion. The panelists will discuss the current and future challenges information technology faces in the pulp and paper industry. The panel will include four top industry CIOs:
* Dac Nguyen, Director - Corporate IT, PanAsia Paper
* John Balboni, Vice President Information Technology and CIO, International Paper
* Jim Burdiss, Vice President and CIO, Smurfit-Stone Container
* Jorma Saarikorpi, CIO, UPM-Kymmene
A variety of networking opportunities exist at this year's conference. Registration includes all receptions, opening ceremony breakfast, awards luncheon, and more! Optional events include a golf outing and dinner cruise aboard the Cajun Queen riverboat. For more details on how to sign up for these events, visit www.pimaweb.org
The 2004 PIMA Leadership Conference is a great platform to acquire the skills necessary to add value to your daily job as well as benchmark with industry leaders. This year's format will provide value for your whole team by offering multiple education tracks, exhibit hall time, the latest in technology, innovative learning opportunities, discounted pricing and more.
For a full listing of the conference schedule, or to register, visit www.pimaweb.org or call PIMA at 847/375-6860. To reserve your room at the host hotel, contact the Sheraton New Orleans at 504/525-2500 or 888/627-7033 (reservations only). Reserve your room before May 28, 2004 to receive the convention rate of $159, plus tax.
SEE YOU IN NEW ORLEANS!
IN THIS ARTICLE, YOU WILL FIND:
* Your learning opportunities at the 2004 PIMA Leadership Conference
* Results Oriented Sessions and Leaders
* Full details about the Keynote Speaker, CEO, and CIO Panelists
For full program details, or to register, go to www.pimaweb.org or call 847/375-6860
BY PATRICK ANDRUS, PIMA
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Four Minute Focus|
|Publication:||Solutions - for People, Processes and Paper|
|Date:||May 1, 2004|
|Previous Article:||Laws of supply and demand rule world of copier papers.|
|Next Article:||Summaries of May 2004 peer-reviewed papers.|