PIACT elects ten to board of directors.
The following individuals were re-elected to serve for a three-year term:
* Ken Distel ofAvon, Conn. Distel is area vice preSident ofRPS Distel in Farmington, Conn. An active member of PIACT, Distel was elected president for 2017-18. He served as president-elect of the association in 2016-17, treasurer in 2015-16 and secretary in 2014-15. Currently; Distel is vice president of the Administrative/Nominations Committee. He also is a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance and Legislative/Business Issues Committees.
* Nicholas Fanelli, CLU, CPCU, CIC, of or folk, Conn. Fanelli works for Raynard & Peirce, an associate of the Newberry Insurance Group in Canaan, Conn. Active in PIACT, Fanelli is a member of the Legislative/Business Issues Committee. He also is an ex-officio member of the Western Advisory Council.
* Michael A. Krause, CIC, of Branford, Conn. Krause is vice president of Anderson-Krause Inc. in Branford, Conn. Active in the association, Krause was elected president-elect of PIACT for 2017-18.
He also is vice president and chairman of the Association Programs Committee and a member of the Executive/Budget & Finance Committee.
* Herbert Olson, CPCU, ARM, CIC, of E. Hampton, Conn. Olson is a sales producer for John M. Glover Agency in Berlin, Conn. Active in PIACT, Olson is a member of the Legislative/Business Issues Committee.
* Robert J. Oman, CPCU, of Madison, Conn. Oman is owner of The Stone Agency in Guilford, Conn. Active in PIACT, Oman is a member of the Legislative/Business Issues Committee.
* Gerard Prast of Wallingford, Conn. Prast is assistant vice president for XS Brokers with offices in Quincy and Worster, Mass., West Hartford, Conn., and Philadelphia. Active in the association, Prast was elected treasurer of PIACT for 2017-18. He also is business issues vice chairperson of the LegislativelBusiness Issues Committee and an ex-officio member of the Western Advisory Council.
* Kimberly Tompkins, CIC, AIS, AINS, CRIS, ACSR, PHM, CPIA, of Prospect, Conn. Tompkins is agency operations manager for Housing Authority Insurance in Cheshire, Conn. Active in PIACT, Tompkins is the education vice chair of the Association Programs Committee.
The following individuals were re-elected to serve for a two-year term:
* Cindy Donaldson of New Hartford, Conn. Donaldson is owner of Red Barn Consulting LLC in New Hartford. In addition to PIACT, Donaldson is a member of the N.W. Connecticut Chamber of Commerce and the Connecticut Banking Association.
* Robert S. Reade Sr., CPRIA, LUTCF, CPIA, of Berlin, Conn. Reade is vice president of sales for William Raveis Insurance in Shelton, Conn. APIACT member since 2005, Reade has served on the Association Programs Committee and the Western Advisory Council.
* Nicholas W. Ruickoldt, CPIA, of West Haven, Conn. Ruickoldt is an agent/broker for The Russell Insurance Agency in Southport, Conn. and is past president of the Connecticut Young Insurance Professionals, an affiliate of PIACT which promotes the professional and personal growth of those new to the insurance field by providing education and networking opportunities. In 2014 Ruickoldt received the CTYIP Young Insurance Professional of the Year award. The award is presented by CTYIP to honor a member of the association's board of directors who has contributed a great deal of time and talent to help support the association and its programs. As a result of the CTYIP award, Ruickoldt received the PIA National Young Insurance Professional of the Year award in 2015.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Mar 27, 2017|
|Previous Article:||Home health care agency's insurer had duty to defend and indemnify in class action by patients.|
|Next Article:||Increased fines against insurance producers--another bad idea for New York's main street businesses.|