Overwhelming Majority of UN Approves 5 Resolutions in Favor of Palestine.
Published on Wednesday, 26 November 2014 13:30
PNN / New York
The overwhelming majority of General Assembly of the United Nations on Wednesday voted on 5 draft resolutions in favor of Palestine. The decision comes after the Assembly discussed the two articles, "the Palestinian Cause" and " the conditions in the Middle East."
The resolutions are as follows:
1. The resolution titled " using amicable methods to resolve the Palestinian cause". The voting results were: 148 in favor to 6 against, with 8 abstentions.
2. The resolution regarding "Jerusalem" with 144 votes in favor to 6 against, with 10 abstentions.
3. The resolution titled " The Informational Program about the Palestinian Cause which is being handled by the administration of media affairs in the Secretary-General of the United Nations" with 147 votes in favor to 7 against, with 9 abstentions.
4. The resolution titled " Committee for Palestinians right to exercise ownership of their inalienable rights". The voting results were: 94 in favor to 7 against, with 56 abstentions.
5. The Resolution titled " the section of Palestinians Rights in the Secretary-General of UN, with 91 votes in favor to 7 against, with 59 abstentions.
After the voting process, Permanent Observer of Palestine to the United Nations, Riyad Mansour gave a speech to show his gratitude and thanks to the member countries of the UN for their initial stand and their votes in favor of the Palestinian Resolutions that show their support to the Palestinian Cause.
Mansour added that the international community represented by the United Nations's protection of international law is a source of comfort and support to the Palestinian people that will help them in their continuing journey of resisting and striving to maintain their inalienable rights and bringing an end to the Israeli occupation which will liberate the State of Palestine and its capitol, Jerusalem and fulfill the two-state solution.
The ambassador also affirmed the importance of the resolutions approved by the UN concerning Palestine saying that what affects the credibility of the United Nations is not ,as some claim, the adoption of these resolutions but the non existence of a necessary political will to force Israel to show respect to these resolutions and apply it.
Copyright Palestine News Network, 2003 - 2014 Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Palestine News Network (West Bank, Palestine)|
|Date:||Nov 26, 2014|
|Previous Article:||Child Injured After Rammed By Israeli Settler's Vehicle.|
|Next Article:||EU Parliament to debate "Highly symbolic" Palestinian recognition.|