OpportunityAnalyzer: Allergic Conjunctivitis - Opportunity Analysis and Forecasts to 2018.
[USPRwire, Thu Jan 01 2015] The allergic conjunctivitis market has remained relatively static over the last few years, due to a limited number of new products. It is currently dominated by dual-acting products and corticosteroid therapies, which form the core treatment options for both acute and chronic allergic conjunctivitis sufferers. Although these therapies provide effective treatment regimens, there are opportunities for the development of alternative treatment choices, improvements in efficacy, safety and compliance. By 2018, there will be three new entrants to the allergic conjunctivitis market. These new products will help drive market growth and offset the impending patent expiries of the majority of the remaining brands (Lotemax, Patanol and Lastacaft) during the forecast period, which will permit the entry of inexpensive generics. Despite these advancements in the treatment landscape, the allergic conjunctivitis market is not expected to experience a noticeable change in terms of growth.
Full Report Details at
Key Questions Answered
* The allergic conjunctivitis market is marked by the presence of a number of unmet needs in current treatments. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs of the allergic conjunctivitis market?
* The late-stage allergic conjunctivitis pipeline consists of a new class of therapy, reformulation of existing, non-approved therapies and a therapy with a novel route of administration. Which drug will have a significant impact on the allergic conjunctivitis market? Which of these drugs will have the highest CAGR, and why?
* The allergic conjunctivitis market is currently dominated by generic drugs. How will the introduction of new therapies change the treatment landscape? How will the drug treatment rates change over the next five years? What are the key drivers and barriers to this change?
* The main driver of the expansion of the allergic conjunctivitis market will be the introduction of three new therapies across the 6 major markets.
* The biggest barrier for the introduction of new therapies will be patent expirations of the majority of the drugs marketed for allergic conjunctivitis, which will result in an increase of generics, and which may negatively impact revenue from branded drugs that are expected to launch in the forecast period.
* The concerns of reducing healthcare costs as part of government austerity measures, particularly in Europe, which will impede market growth. To ensure reimbursement companies will have to work closely together with payers and price their drugs competitively.
* Overview of allergic conjunctivitis, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment guidelines.
Copyright 2014 USPRwire Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2015|
|Previous Article:||Just Published: "Medisse BV - Product Pipeline Analysis, 2014 Update".|
|Next Article:||Just Published: "Defense Spending: Global Group of Eight (G8) Industry Guide".|