Printer Friendly

Oil Co. Acquired.

Antigua & Barbuda Prime Minister Gaston Browne and Venezuela's Foreign Minister Delcy Rodriguez on hammered out an agreement covering the acquisition of the West Indies Oil Co. (WIOC), reports Caribbean News Now (Feb. 22, 2015). Rodriguez and her team of ambassadors and technicians flew into Antigua on the instructions of Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro, fulfilling a promise made to Browne in Costa Rica to collaborate on the acquisition of one of the most significant business enterprises in Antigua & Barbuda. "Our plan is to turn WIOC into a major petrol distribution hub in the northern Caribbean. We have sold them the idea and they have agreed to support us. They will be providing US$24 million in funding," Browne stated, adding that his government has secured US$30 million from a Chinese investor who will partner in the acquisition. The Antigua & Barbuda government owns 25% of the shares in WIOC. The remaining 75%t are being offered at US$30 million.

COPYRIGHT 2015 Caribbean Update, Inc.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2015 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:ANTIGUA & BARBUDA; West Indies Oil Company Ltd
Publication:Caribbean Update
Article Type:Brief article
Date:Apr 1, 2015
Words:159
Previous Article:Best beaches.
Next Article:Govt. purchase offer.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters