ON THE MOVE SINCE 1815...
In 1839 a government grant allowed the school to set up in its own premises at the corner of Holyhead Road and Bangor Street in the city centre.
The school then moved to Spon End and in 1884 was in a new building in Gloucester Street. At that time it took children of all ages and not just five to 11-year-olds.
The school moved to its present site in Winsford Avenue, Allesley Park, in the 1960s.
As a voluntary aided Church of England School the school is run jointly by the government and the church.