Printer Friendly

OESI TO ACQUIRE INTEREST IN LFC POWER SYSTEMS CORP.

 OESI TO ACQUIRE INTEREST IN LFC POWER SYSTEMS CORP.
 SPARKS, Nev., Dec. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- OESI Power Corp.


(NASDAQ: OESI) has announced that it will acquire a 20 percent interest in LFC Power Systems Corp. ("PSC"), a company which provides construction management and operations and maintenance services for power plant projects. OESI will acquire the remaining 80 percent in January 1993 with the total purchase price being approximately $860,000, which represents PSC's book value. PSC, whose headquarters is in Portland, Ore., is a subsidiary of LFC Energy Corp., which is an affiliate of LFC Financial Corp., a holder of 40 percent of OESI's common shares.
 PSC has about 180 employees and operates nine power plants in four states, including the Ormesa I geothermal facilities in the Imperial Valley, Calif.
 James W. Porter Jr., chief executive officer of OESI, said "This acquisition will give us access to PSC's expertise in the construction, operation and maintenance of power plants. OESI has a number of projects in development or under consideration, and this acquisition will provide us additional resources needed to take advantage of our significant growth opportunities."
 Porter also noted that OESI expects to relocate its headquarters from Sparks to Portland in the second quarter of 1992.
 OESI Power Corp. acquires, develops, operates and sells interests in geothermal power projects in the Western United States, Alaska and Hawaii.
 -0- 12/5/91
 /CONTACT: Patrick MacMullen of OESI Power, 702-355-5666/
 (OESI) CO: OESI Power; LFC Power Systems Corp. ST: Nevada IN: SU: TNM


AL-SE -- LA007 -- 9461 12/05/91 07:32 EST
COPYRIGHT 1991 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1991 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Dec 5, 1991
Words:259
Previous Article:NEED A HAND WITH HOLIDAY GIFT IDEAS? THE ANSWER'S IN THE PALM: 'STEAK' YOUR CLAIM WITH A PRIME GIFT
Next Article:HILLHAVEN ANNOUNCES MAJOR RESTRUCTURING TO IMPROVE ITS LONG-TERM FINANCIAL AND OPERATING PERFORMANCE
Topics:


Related Articles
OESI POWER REPORTS 1991 RESULTS
TEMPORARY RESTRAINING ORDER PLACED ON PUNA GEOTHERMAL VENTURE
OESI POWER CORP. SETTLES SUIT
OESI ANNOUNCES $50 MILLION CORPORATE RECAPITALIZATION AND PUNA GEOTHERMAL VENTURE SETTLEMENT
OESI ANNOUNCES COMPLETION OF $50 MILLION CORPORATE RECAPITALIZATION AND MANAGEMENT CHANGES
OESI SIGNS STOCK PURCHASE AGREEMENT WITH REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE COMPANY
OESI SIGNS LETTER OF INTENT TO ACQUIRE REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE COMPANY
OESI POWER CORPORATION ANNOUNCES LOSSES
Zeigler Coal Holding Company Subsidiaries Announce Signing of Contracts for Construction of LFC Plant; Increased Environmental Benefits Indicated
SGI Announces Major Advance Toward Commercialization of LFC Process

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters