Nylon locking elements.
PEMHEX[R] self-clinching fasteners from PennEngineering incorporate a unique hexagonal nylon element providing a reusable, non-metallic prevailing torque thread lock, according to the company. The self-locking fasteners feature:
* The ability to be installed permanently in steel or aluminum sheets as thin as .060" (1.52 mm).
* Locking performance that meets NASM25027.
* Steel and stainless steel fasteners that are available in unified and metric thread sizes #4-40 through #10-32 and M3 through M5.
* A blue nylon locking element that identifies unified fasteners (black for metric fasteners).
* The ability to be installed in metal sheets with hardness 70 or less on the Rockwell "B" scale.
* A knurled collar that embeds in the host sheet with an undercut cavity beneath which fills with displaced sheet material, allowing the fastener to become permanently captivated in the sheet.
* RoHS compliance.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||New Products: Fastening, Assembly & Thermal Solutions|
|Publication:||Product Design & Development|
|Date:||Jun 1, 2008|
|Previous Article:||Sturdy, reliable cable.|
|Next Article:||Which group has greater control over time-to-market improvement: the product design team or other internal stakeholders?|