Nuance Emerges as the Leading PDF Alternative to Adobe Acrobat, Surpassing One Million Seat Milestone.
BURLINGTON, Mass. -- Nuance Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq: NUAN), a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions, today announced that its "Better PDF for Business[TM]" solutions - PDF Create!, PDF Converter, PDF Converter Professional and PDF Edit Japanese Edition - have been deployed to more than one million desktops, and are by far the best-selling PDF alternatives to Adobe[R] Acrobat[R] desktop software worldwide.
The one million seat milestone is especially significant given that Nuance first introduced its PDF product family just over three years ago. PDF Converter, developed in collaboration with Microsoft, was the first-ever solution to convert PDF files into fully-formatted Microsoft Office Word documents, complete with text, columns, tables and graphics. The recently released PDF Converter Professional 4, now the flagship of Nuance's PDF product family, has also benefited from Nuance's ongoing collaboration with Microsoft, especially in the product's support for Windows Vista, the 2007 Microsoft Office system and the XML Paper Standard (XPS), a new same-as-paper electronic format recently put forward by Microsoft.
"Nuance's expertise in PDF conversion lays the groundwork for adding value to the 2007 Microsoft Office system," said Jacob Jaffe, director of Microsoft Office at Microsoft Corp. "As our customers expand their use of the 2007 Office system, we are pleased to see Nuance developing tools to increase productivity and allowing users of Microsoft Office to bring PDF documents into Word, Excel and XPS formats."
Organizations both large and small have discovered the power and benefits within Nuance's PDF applications, including Airbus, ALDA Pharmaceuticals Corp., Bayer Industry Services, Best, Best & Krieger, LLP, Credit Suisse Information Technology, Dassault, The Euro Tunnel, French Ministry of Economy and Finance, EOF Technologies, French Social Security, The Gillette Company, Lockheed Martin Space Systems, Mitsubishi Hitec Paper, The National Institute of Health, Pfizer, Inc., Porsche, Siemens, Telefunken, Trend Micro, Volkswagen, and Wells Fargo.
"The success of PDF Converter Professional is the result of a focused formula - delivering a PDF product designed specifically for business users, with the PDF quality of Acrobat but at one-third to one-fourth the cost," said Robert Weideman, senior vice president and general manager, Productivity Applications, Nuance. "That combination, coming from the leader in document conversion products, is what has made Nuance the clear and trusted alternative to Adobe for desktop PDF applications worldwide."
While Nuance's focus on delivering "Better PDF for Business" has clearly won over customers, it has also gained accolades from respected industry experts worldwide, including The Boston Globe, Business Journals, eWeek, Federal Computer Week, The New York Times, PC Magazine, PC World, PDFZone, Smart Computing and ZDNet.
* "Owe found [PDF Converter Professional] to be a very useful and user-friendly tool, and the value for the price is incredible." - Smart Computing
* "O[PDF Converter Professional] is a feature-packed bargain." - The Boston Globe
* "The ability to convert PDF files into editable documents makes [PDF Converter Professional] stand out from other low-priced PDF software. In fact, the program packs in more functions at a lower cost than any rival." - PC Magazine
* "[PDF Converter Professional] is affordable at $100 and includes features business users want." - Federal Computer Week
* "O [PDF Converter Professional] is a $99 business-class PDF conversion tool that offers enterprise-class PDF capabilities." - eWeek
* "With its full-strength cross conversion features, comprehensive onboard help, and very useful PDF form-filling capability,[PDF Converter Professional] is both an able competitor to Adobe Acrobat Standard and the low-cost PDF converter to beat." - Desktop Pipeline
* "This is a tool that you should consider for your small business if you use PDF documents to create and send information. I have now shifted to use it for all my PDF needs both reading documents and creating them. You can benefit from it as well and for the price, you can't lose." - Business Journals
* "The 20th Annual Codie Awards continues SIIA's tradition of celebrating the best products in the software and information industry." said Ken Wasch, President of SIIA. "O PDF Converter Professional gives office professionals unrivaled capabilities to move seamlessly between PDF and Microsoft Office."
PDF Converter Professional, PDF Create!, PDF Converter and PDF Edit are available starting at $49 through leading retail, e-tail, reseller and corporate resellers outlets throughout North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. For additional information on products, features, pricing and volume licensing programs, please visit Nuance.com or call (1) 800.443.7077.
Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance (Nasdaq: NUAN) is a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with information and how they create, share and use documents. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance's proven applications and professional services. For more information, please visit Nuance.com.
Trademark reference: Nuance, the Nuance logo, and "Better PDF for Business," are registered trademarks or trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. Adobe and Acrobat are trademarks or registered trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other company names or product names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
The statements in this press release that relate to future plans, events or performance are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including risks associated with market trends, competitive factors, and other risks identified in Nuance's SEC filings. Actual results, events and performance may differ materially. Readers are cautioned not to put undue reliance on these forward-looking statements that speak only as of the date hereof.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jan 30, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Bit9 Continues to Lead Application Control Marketplace with its Desktop Lockdown Offerings, Achieving Significant Momentum in 2006.|
|Next Article:||Nuance Delivers Full Support for Windows Vista and the 2007 Microsoft Office System Across Dictation and Imaging Product Lines; Joins Microsoft in...|