Nuance Announces PaperPort PSP Desktop for HP Multifunction Printers.
BOSTON -- Nuance Communications, Inc. (NASDAQ: NUAN), a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions, today announced PaperPort[R] PSP[TM] Desktop for HP based on the PaperPort Personalized Scanning Platform[TM] technology. The application enables customers to customize scanning menus of select HP multifunction printers (MFPs) directly from their desktop without IT support and provides unprecedented ease-of-use when sending scanned documents back to a computer from a networked HP MFP.
The PaperPort PSP Desktop is a suite of software built around PaperPort Professional technology that includes OmniPage Professional OCR and PDF Converter Professional software, all market leading imaging applications. The combined solution connects the HP MFP to various office devices such as desktop computers and centralized document management systems at the push of a button. Instead of limited menu choices, destinations and formats found on most MFP devices and middleware solutions, customers can extend desktop folders and personal document workflows directly to the networked HP MFP menu, making familiar scanning choices immediately available and easy to find. PaperPort PSP Desktop for use with HP MFPs eliminates complicated and timely setup and unfamiliar or hidden choices found when normally using MFPs.
"PaperPort PSP Desktop combines customizable scanning on Nuance desktop software and select HP MFP devices in a way that is personalized and familiar to the specific walk-up users of the MFP," said Chris Strammiello, vice president, Marketing and Product Strategy in the Imaging division at Nuance. "The result is an unrivaled level of scanning ease-of-use and flexibility for office workers in organizations of all sizes."
The PaperPort PSP Desktop provides customers using HP MFPs with a visual way to associate which specific desktop or network folders to make available on the MFP device menu. This allows the device to present a select set of folders or mapped network drives thereby making the specific folders relevant to each HP MFP user. A one-button document workflow feature allows users to customize which document processing workflows will appear on the MFP device menu. With the press of a single button such as "Scan to Microsoft Word" the completed Word-format file is placed in a specified folder on the customer's desktop or network.
Key Features of PaperPort PSP for use with HP MFPs
* First Personalized Scanning Solution for Network HP MFPs - All legacy MFP middleware solutions have essentially the same four static menu options - scan to fax, email, folders and back-end processes - enforcing the same selections upon every user of the network MFP. PaperPort PSP Desktop provides each individual user on a network the unparalleled freedom and ease-of-use to instantly define which scanning tasks will be available at the MFP, without requiring cumbersome setup or maintenance by network administrators.
* Easy, One-Button Scanning - Just as Nuance was the first to bring One-Button Scanning[TM] technology to connected scanning devices, Nuance is bringing One-Button Scanning technology to network MFPs via its development relationship with HP. Now users will know exactly what every scanning menu item means, and can accomplish their tasks by simply pressing one button at the device.
* Minimal IT Requirements - PaperPort PSP Desktop lets users update their scanning options anytime with no administrator privileges required and no special server updates required.
* Make Scanning Accessible to Everyone in an Organization - PaperPort PSP brings the ease of desktop scanning to the MFP, opening up the scanning function of network MFPs to any user in the enterprise.
* Edit PDF Files Directly from your desktop - Edit, annotate, correct typos, create fillable forms and even touch up objects directly within PDF files. PDF page thumbnails and assembly tools allow easy manipulation of pages in a PDF document to rearrange, add or delete pages with drag and drop ease. The PaperPort PSP Desktop for use with HP MFPs includes PDF Converter Professional - Better PDF for Business - software the most comprehensive set of essential PDF tools to create, convert, and edit PDF files at a fraction of the cost of other solutions
* Save Time and Effort with Unmatched OCR Accuracy - The PaperPort PSP Desktop for use with HP MFPs uses technology from OmniPage Professional, the world's best selling OCR software, to deliver converted documents that look just like the original and eliminates re-typing of paper documents
* More Formats, More Destinations - Business processes require the flexibility to utilize a variety of document formats and storage destinations. The PaperPort PSP Desktop platform allows any organization to leverage the widest variety of critical document formats including PDF, Microsoft Office, Corel WordPerfect and more. PaperPort PSP also extends the storage of documents beyond local computer folders to shared networked folders or document management systems.
* Combine Scanned Paper with Digital Documents - The PaperPort PSP Desktop platform bridges the world of paper documents with existing digital documents unlike any other program. Now users can edit, combine and share information from all corners of an organization with push-button and drag-and-drop ease.
* Paper Workflow Onramp - The PaperPort PSP Desktop includes support for Link Agents, which connect the desktop user with popular centralized content management and document server applications, including Microsoft SharePoint, WebDAV (supported by EMC/Documentum, Hyland OnBase, IBM/FileNET, OpenText, Oracle and others), FTP, Xerox DocuShare[R] software, Kofax Ascent Capture and more. Users simply use drag and drop on the PaperPort SendTo bar to process a selected document or set of documents to a server or desktop workflow target. The PaperPort Link Agent SDK also enables the rapid creation of custom link agents to any desktop or server solution.
The Nuance PaperPort PSP Desktop for use with HP MFPs is in Nuance Booth #1845 and HP Booth #1817 at AIIMexpo 2008 in Boston March 4-6.
Nuance Communications, Inc.
Nuance (NASDAQ: NUAN) is a leading provider of speech and imaging solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. Its technologies, applications and services make the user experience more compelling by transforming the way people interact with information and how they create, share and use documents. Every day, millions of users and thousands of businesses experience Nuance's proven applications. For more information, please visit www.Nuance.com.
Nuance, the Nuance logo, PaperPort, ScanSoft, One-Button Scanning, Personalized Scanning Platform, and PSP are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nuance Communications, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other company names or product names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
The statements in this press release that relate to future plans, events or performance are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, including risks associated with market trends, competitive factors, and other risks identified in Nuance's SEC filings. Actual results, events and performance may differ materially. Readers are cautioned not to put undue reliance on these forward-looking statements that speak only as of the date hereof.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Mar 4, 2008|
|Previous Article:||Nuance Delivers PDF Converter Professional 5 Enterprise Edition.|
|Next Article:||Hisem Installs 15 Nextest Magnum Production Test Systems.|