Printer Friendly

Nothing can confirm or deny death of Chourabi and Ktari, says Libyan charge d'affaires in Tunis.

TUNIS, (TAP) - Nothing can so far confirm or deny the death of Tunisian journalists Sofiene Chourabi and Nadhir Ktari abducted in Libya since September 2014, said the Libyan charge d'affaires in Tunis.

"The Libyan charge d'affaires in Tunis said he has established contacts with the Libyan sides concerned by the case of the two journalists kidnapped in Libya and found that there has been neither confirmation nor denial of their death," the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement released Wednesday.

As soon as the news of the death of Chourabi and Ktari was propagated by some media, the Foreign Affairs Department entered in touch with Tunisia's General Consulate in Tripoli and the Libyan mission in Tunis to check the reliability of the information.

In a video circulating for some hours on several websites and social networks, an official introducing himself as the spokesman for the Libyan ministry of Justice of the Tobruk government announced the killing of the two Tunisian journalists by terrorists who confessed to their crime after their arrest.

Tap 2015 Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).

COPYRIGHT 2015 SyndiGate Media Inc.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2015 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Agency Tunis Afrique Press
Geographic Code:6TUNI
Date:Apr 29, 2015
Words:182
Previous Article:Crisis Response Unit meets to monitor latest developments in case of Chourabi and Ktari.
Next Article:Joachim Gauck: Tunisia's model has proved country's capacity to play key roles in region.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters