North American Seminars, Inc. Introduces a New Physical Therapy Continuing Education Course, Advanced Management of Breast Cancer Rehabilitation.
The objectives of this physical therapy continuing education course are:
- Understand the anatomy of breast cancer cells, their functional capabilities, and how modern medicine is responding in its design to treat breast cancer effectively.
- Expand clinical knowledge about differential diagnoses, treatment side effects, and physical sequelea of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and targeted hormone therapies.
- Advance understanding of the biology and physiology of the acute trauma that occurs to the lymphatic system after surgery and radiation therapy, and how this affects normal healing processes in the body.
- Understand the difference between treating lymphedema as a condition, and the advanced concepts of treating acute trauma of the lymphatic system as it relates to other body systems in the healing processes of surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy.
- Advance and integrate manual lymphatic drainage skills with orthopedic manual therapy skills to include system management of the musculo-skeletal system, the nervous system, the vascular system, the lymphatic system, and the endocrine system during and post breast cancer treatment.
- Understand complex co-morbidities and adverse treatment complications of breast cancer, how they affect the healing capacity of patients, and how treatment can be structured to minimize their effect.
- Identify clearly the specific clinical goals of specialized manual therapy skills and targeted exercise protocols for patients undergoing advanced forms of breast surgery, new chemotherapy treatments, and/or targeted radiation therapy so as to achieve optimal function, as well as sustainable treatment results.
- Have increased knowledge about advances in breast cancer diagnoses, advances in breast cancer management, and advances in breast cancer research
- Gain and advance leadership skills in the continuum of care and multi-disciplined approach to the management of patients with breast cancer.
This course will be presented at the following locations:
Jan 29, 2011 - Jan 30, 11: Multicare Medical Center, Tacoma, WA
Feb 12, 2011 - Feb 13, 11: Summerlin Hospital, Las Vegas, NV
Feb 26, 2011 - Feb 27, 11: Methodist Dallas Medical Center, Dallas, TX
Mar 26, 2011 - Mar 27, 11: San Ramon Regional Medical Center, San Ramon, CA
Aug 20, 2011 - Aug 21, 11: Legacy Emanuel Hospital, Portland, OR
Aug 27, 2011 - Aug 28, 11: St. Anthony's Medical Center, St. Louis, MO
Oct 01, 2011 - Oct 02, 11: Elliott Hospital, Manchester, NH
Nov 05, 2011 - Nov 06, 11: St. Agnes, Hospital Baltimore, MD
For more information visit www.healthclick.com
North American Seminars Inc.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||PR.com (Press Releases)|
|Date:||Jan 26, 2011|
|Previous Article:||Miami Companies Join to Benefit Autism Research.|
|Next Article:||"The Chosen One" Starring Rob Schneider Comes to VOD February 1st.|