Nominations sought for pro bono awards.
Nominations also are being solicited for the following awards:
* The Florida Bar President's Pro Bono Service Award, given to an outstanding attorney in each of the state's judicial circuits.
* The Tobias Simon Pro Bono Service Award, presented by the chief justice to an attorney who exemplifies the highest ideals of the profession in assuring the availability of legal services to the poor.
* The Chief Justice's Distinguished Judicial Service Award, which recognizes judges for outstanding and sustained service to the public through legal or civic service, especially as it relates to support of pro bono legal services.
* The Chief Justice's Law Firm Commendation that recognizes a firm which has demonstrated a significant contribution in the provision of legal services on a pro bono basis.
* The Voluntary Bar Association Pro Bono Service Award presented by the chief justice to recognize a voluntary bar which has demonstrated a significant contribution in the delivery of legal services to individuals or groups on a pro bono basis.
Eligible Florida lawyers may not be employed by an organization which primarily delivers free legal services to the poor.
Nomination forms and contact information for the circuit committee chairs are available on the Bar Web site at www.floridabar.org. If you have any questions, contact the circuit committee chair in your area or Emilie Rietow at email@example.com or (850) 561-5766 for more information. The deadline for nominations is October 2.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Florida Bar News|
|Date:||Sep 15, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Rule to allow judges to fine lawyers for unprofessional behavior raises questions.|
|Next Article:||Law: a profession or just another job?|