Printer Friendly

No phones or internet for almost a month; DAMAGE TO TELEGRAPH POLE HIT 30 HOUSEHOLDS.

Byline: GARETH WYN WILLIAMS Local Democracy Reporter garethwyn.williams@trinitymirror.com

AN ANGLESEY village looks set to remain without working landlines until the end of the week after a telegraph pole was damaged last month.

Around 30 households in Llansadwrn, near Menai Bridge, have not had a working phone line or internet access for almost a month following the incident on July 26 - described as "completely unacceptable" by one local councillor.

According to Cllr Carwyn Jones, he has written to both BT and Openreach to try and resolve the issue.

"The affected Llansadwrn residents are now at the end of their tether, with around 30 properties which have been without a phone line and broadband since the 26th of July," he said.

"The biggest and totally unacceptable problem is the lack of communication with customers as to what is happening and when it will be resolved.

"When they call their different providers, they say the job is with Openreach, I contacted BT myself on Monday through the live chat and was told the constituents would be back on Tuesday but there was no sign of this actually happening.

"The way the phone and broadband works is there are many providers but Openreach is the only company who works on the network.

"For love nor money customers can't get hold of them. Residents are being sent from pillar to post with no-one on hand to give them an explanation.

"The lack of communication with their paying customers shows total contempt and arrogance, I would call on each and every customer to also be fully compensated for this appalling service."

In response, a spokesperson for Openreach confirmed that they hoped to resolve the problem by Thursday.

"We can confirm that one of our telegraph poles serving a number of properties in Llansadwrn was badly damaged as a result of a road traffic accident," said the company.

"Due to the severity of the damage we have had to remove and replace the damaged pole and overhead cables that run across the road.

"A new pole has now been installed by our contractors and our engineers are due to attend the site on Thursday to install the new cable for both copper and fibre.

"All being well and barring any unforeseen complications we anticipate full service should be restored to all our customers affected by this damage on Thursday."

COPYRIGHT 2018 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2018 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Daily Post (Conwy, Wales)
Date:Aug 21, 2018
Words:395
Previous Article:It's time to Walk on Water.
Next Article:Discovery of historic kiln halts car park.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters