News from the World Forum for Parish Nursing.
* We mourn with the parish nursing community in Canada the death of one of their leaders, Valerie Cunningham Jenkins, Health Ministry Educational Coordinator of Inter-Church Health Ministries. She was a faithful leader within the Canadian Association for Parish Nursing Ministry, a beloved parish nurse at Augsburg Lutheran Church in Brampton, ON, and an Educational Partner and presenter for the International Parish Nurse Resource Center for the last several years. She died suddenly on March 26. Please keep her family and colleagues in your thoughts and prayers.
* Please see the previous page (page 5) for a report on the trip to Bungoma, Kenya by representatives from the United Kingdom and Swaziland to explore possibilities for the growth and development of parish nursing and other health ministries there.
* See below for an update from colleagues in New Zealand.
* The Discussion Board for the World Forum is now on-line through the IPNRC website at www.parishnurses.org. To sign up, contact Rev. Deborah Patterson at email@example.com.
* The IPNRC website also has links to the websites of many of the other parish nurse organizations around the world, where you will find information on their programs and annual meetings. Click on Resources, and go to "Related Sites."
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Parish Nurse Perspectives|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Mar 22, 2007|
|Previous Article:||Parish Nursing explored in Bungoma, Kenya.|
|Next Article:||A note from New Zealand.|