New Report Available: OpportunityAnalyzer: Fabry Disease - Opportunity Analysis and Forecast to 2024.
GlobalData estimates the 2014 sales for the Fabry disease market at approximately $682m across the 7MM. The US contributed the majority of these sales, generating an estimated $295m. By the end of the forecast period in 2024, Fabry disease sales are expected to grow to $1.25 billion at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 6.3% over the 10-year period. The majority of sales in the 7MM in 2024 will come from the US, which will represent 44.2% of the market. GlobalData expects an increase in the number of newly diagnosed cases of Fabry disease, and consequently in the number of treatable Fabry patients, as a result of increasing awareness of Fabry disease among physicians. ERT is now well established in the treatment of Fabry disease; however, there still remains concern about its efficacy, tissue penetrance, and intravenous administration. As a result, alternative approaches are being investigated to advance new treatments for Fabry disease, which focus on three main areas of research: chaperone therapies, substrate reduction therapies (SRTs), and combinations of their use with ERT.
Full Report Details at
Key Questions Answered
* At present, patient registries demonstrate a long delay between onset of initial symptoms and a diagnosis, which can span between 10 to 20 years. This is due the condition being very rare, the lack of awareness of the disease among physicians, and the diverse range of symptoms that a patient may have when initially presenting with the disease. What are the main unmet needs in this market? Will the drugs under development fulfil the unmet needs in this market?
* Since the approval of Fabrazyme and Replagal in the EU in 2001, no other drugs have been approved for the treatment of Fabry disease. Will the pipeline drugs in development change the treatment landscape for Fabry disease and attain high sales revenues during 2014-2024?
* Key opinion leaders interviewed by GlobalData believe the biggest opportunity lies with combination therapies, to improve drug delivery and increase drugs' efficacy,. How will these changes impact the growth of the future market?
* One of the main drivers for the Fabry disease market growth will be an increase in the number of newly diagnosed cases of Fabry disease, and consequently in the number of treatable Fabry patients, as a result of increasing awareness of Fabry disease among physicians.
* The first pharmacological chaperone for the treatment of Fabry disease, Amicus Therapeutics' migalastat, will launch in the US and 5EU (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and UK) in 2017, followed by its launch in Japan in 2020. Migalastat patient share is not only expected to be captured from existing patients receiving enzyme replacement therapy (ERT), but also treatment-naive patients who have not previously been considered suitable for ERT.
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is a leading distributor of market research and business information. Representing the world's top research publishers and analysts, we provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available. Our unbiased, expert staff is always available to help you find the right research to fit your requirements and your budget.
Copyright [c] 2015 ClickPress Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Nov 1, 2015|
|Previous Article:||New Market Report: Prostate Cancer - Pipeline Review, 2015.|
|Next Article:||New Report Available: Traditional Toys and Games in Malaysia.|