New Market Study Published: HbA1c Testing Market in India 2013.
Full Report Details at
Although the test is considered to be very useful for diabetes screening as well as monitoring the diabetes status of a patient, its much higher cost compared to a simple blood sugar level test can act as a hindrance to its greater acceptance. However, the need to go for HbA1c tests only 3-4 times a year unlike the blood sugar level test which may have to be done on a monthly basis may work in favour of the former. Moreover, HbA1c tests give a clearer picture of the diabetes status of a patient as it a measurement of the glucose levels over a period of 3 months. Several physicians also prescribe this test to their patients which in turn will increase its demand and thereby drive growth in the market.
Several large diagnostic chains offer these tests in India. Majority of the patients going for this test are confirmed diabetics while very few non-diabetics go for this test. Most of the patients visiting laboratories for HbA1c tests have been prescribed to go for the test by a physician with very few people opting for the test on their own. But with increasing awareness among people, this ratio is likely to change and many more people are expected to go for the test independently.
Companies Mentioned in this Report: Public Companies, Abbott India Ltd., Axis-Shield plc, Siemens Ltd., Tosoh Corporation, , Private Companies, Apollo Health and Life Styles Ltd., Dr Lal Pathlabs Pvt. Ltd., Metropolis Healthcare Ltd., Quest Diagnostics India Pvt. Ltd., S Serum Analysis Centre Pvt. Ltd., SRL Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd., Thyrocare Diagnostics Pvt. Ltd., Bayer Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd., Beckman Coulter India Pvt. Ltd., Bio-Rad Laboratories (India) Pvt. Ltd., Transasia Bio-medicals Ltd. Trivitron Healthcare Pvt. Ltd.,
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- Physician-based Point of Care Diagnostics: Products, Players and Outlook to 2017
- Global Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Equipment Market - By Technology, Verticals & Geography (2013 -- 2018)
- Food Safety Testing Market By Contaminants (Pathogen, GMO, Toxin, Pesticide, Others), Technology (Traditional & Rapid), Food Types (Meat & Poultry, Dairy, Fruit & Vegetable, Processed Food, Others) & Geography - Global Trends Forecast to 2018
- North American Food Safety Testing Market by Contaminants (Pathogen, GMO, Toxin, Pesticide), Technology (Traditional & Rapid), Food Types (Meat & Poultry, Dairy, Fruit & Vegetable, Processed Food) & Geography -Trends & Forecast to 2018
- European Food Safety Testing Market By Contaminant (Pathogen, GMO, Toxin, Pesticide), Technology (Traditional & Rapid), Food Type (Meat & Poultry Product, Dairy Product, Fruit & Vegetable, Processed Food) & Country - Trends & Forecast To 2018
Copyright 2013 UKPRwire
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Aug 15, 2013|
|Previous Article:||New Market Research Report: OTC Triptans in the United Kingdom.|
|Next Article:||Recently released market study: Alpha - Antitrypsin Deficiency - Pipeline Review, H1 2013.|