New Market Report Now Available: United Kingdom Oil & Gas Report Q3 2013.
The main trends and developments we highlight in the UK oil and gas sector are:
* Both oil and gas production continued to fall in 2012. Oil output fell below the 1mn barrels per day (b/d) mark to 999,100b/d - the UK's lowest recorded level since the 1970s. The DECC estimates that gas production fell 13.85% y-o-y in 2012.
* Government tax breaks granted in 2012 are paying off as investment returns to the North Sea - the latest major project being Statoil's Mariner heavy oil project. It has also encouraged brownfield investment from Talisman and Shell in mature assets. A rejuvenated UK Continental Shelf (UKCS) is expected to create 40,000-50,000 new jobs, according to energy recruitment firm Oilandgaspeople.com.
* Technical glitches in mature but critical projects such as the Cormorant Alpha platform and the Brent pipeline system are expected to hit output further in 2013 and alongside natural decline, will see the UK's oil output dip below 1mn b/d to 900,900b/d in 2013.
* Although the long-term output trend is a downward one, we forecast that fiscal incentives will see a gentler fall in production as drilling activity picks up; in 2017, we expect output to average at 780,700b/d. By 2022, output could be as low as 710,900b/d based on current rates and volumes of oil discoveries.
* The UK's oil consumption is set to continue on a downward trend, from 1.52mn b/d in 2012 to 1.40mn b/ d in 2017 and 1.30mn b/d by 2022. This is a result of weak economic growth and greater fuel efficiency. It means that the UK will have a smaller domestic market that could further dampen the economics of downstream production. However, this could help alleviate the UK's long-term current account position if it helps contain the country's oil import needs.
Full Report Details at
About Fast Market Research
Fast Market Research is an online aggregator and distributor of market research and business information. We represent the world's top research publishers and analysts and provide quick and easy access to the best competitive intelligence available.
For more information about these or related research reports, please visit our website at http://www.fastmr.com or call us at 1.800.844.8156.
You may also be interested in these related reports:
- The United Kingdom Gas Markets, 2013
- The United Kingdom Oil Markets, 2013
- Global Planned Oil and Gas Pipelines Industry Outlook, 2013 - Details of All Planned Crude Oil, Petroleum Products and Natural Gas Pipelines
- Oil and Gas Pipelines Industry Outlook in Europe, 2013 - Details of Operating and Planned Crude Oil, Petroleum Products and Natural Gas Pipelines
- Lundin Petroleum AB Oil & Gas Exploration and Production Operations and Cost Analysis - Q3, 2012
Copyright 2013 UKPRwire
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jul 22, 2013|
|Previous Article:||Winner Bingo to launch nationwide following hilarious TV campaign.|
|Next Article:||New market study, "Pizza Market in Asia-Pacific: Market Guide to 2017", has been published.|