New Market Report: Employee Benefits in Botswana.
[USPRwire, Wed Jan 07 2015] The Republic of Botswana has a range of social security programs which cover the country's citizens, as well as people belonging to poor and vulnerable groups in rural communities. According to the National Policy for Rural Development (Government of Botswana - GoB, 2002), the aim of these programs is to reduce poverty and provide a social safety cover to all Botswanan individuals. These include the Universal Old-age Pension, the Orphan Care Program, the Labor-Based Drought Relief Program, Supplementary Feeding for Vulnerable Groups, and the Program for Destitute Persons. The Botswana Federation of Trade Unions (BFTU) is the workers' labor federation representing the country's laborers. In 1997, Botswana published a document now known as Vision 2016, which projects that poverty will be eradicated in the country by 2016. Pensions play a vital role in enhancing the earnings of the country's workforce after retirement. The government is also focusing on improving the social security framework to prevent people from falling into poverty. Private employers also provide benefits to employees in addition to mandatory employee benefits.
Full Report Details at
* Botswana has a fragmented and unsystematic social security system.
* Pensions play a vital role in enhancing the post-retirement earnings of the country's workforce.
* Most public and private sector employees, and of parastatal institutions in middle and senior levels, are covered by the Botswana Public Officers' Pension Fund (BPOPF).
* Government employees who are not covered under the BPOPF are covered under the unfunded pension plan, which is financed from government revenues.
* Senior managers at trade unions are given extensive non-wage benefits, such as car, housing and entertainment allowances to avoid the government salary limit on parastatal pay.
This report provides a detailed analysis of employee benefits in Botswana:
* It offers a detailed analysis of the key government-sponsored employee benefits, along with private benefits
* It covers an exhaustive list of employee benefits, including retirement benefits, death-in-service benefits, short-term sickness, medical benefits, workmen's compensation, maternity and paternity benefits, family benefits, severance benefits and private benefits
* It highlights the economic and regulatory situations relating to employee benefits in Botswana
Reasons to Get this Report
* Make strategic decisions using in-depth information related to employee benefits in Botswana
* Assess the Botswana's employee benefits market, including state and compulsory benefits and private benefits
* Gain insights into the key employee benefit schemes offered by private employers in Botswana
* Gain insights into key organizations governing Botswana's employee benefits, and their impact on companies
Copyright 2014 USPRwire Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jan 7, 2015|
|Previous Article:||Market Report, "Electrical and Electronics Retailing in Russia", published.|
|Next Article:||New Market Research Report: Canada Metals Report Q1 2015.|