New Adjutant General's Corps courses launched.
In response to the changing operational environment and growing skill requirements for Soldiers in human resources (HR) support, the Adjutant General (AG) School has launched two new specialized courses for personnel serving in brigade S-1 sections, HR organizations, and HR staff elements. These courses replace the 4-week Human Resource Management Qualification Course and are each 2 weeks long.
The Brigade S-l Operations Course and the Human Resources Plans and Operations Course are designed to provide the indepth technical education necessary to support warfighting commanders and the Army Force Generation process. Each course offers just-in-time-focused training for HR leaders about to step into key HR positions at the brigade and theater levels and prepares them to interpret, integrate, coordinate, and implement Army HR programs and policies.
The courses are open to Active duty and Reserve Soldiers as well as Department of the Army civilians (GS-11 to GS-13) when space is available. HR leaders who serve, or expect to serve, in brigade S-l positions--or, for civilians, in a valid human resources management position--should seriously consider taking one or both courses.
Personnel eligible to take the Brigade S-l Operations Course include--
* All officers with the branch area of concentration (AOC) 42 who are in the grades of captain and major and who have completed a captains career course.
* All warrant officers in military occupational specialty (MOS) 420A who have completed the AG Warrant Officer Basic Course.
* All MOS 42A noncommissioned officers in the grades of staff sergeant (promotable), sergeant first class, or master sergeant who have completed the AG Senior Leader Course.
Candidates also must currently serve in brigade S-l positions or be pending assignment in brigade S-l positions at the officer-in-charge, noncommissioned officer-in-charge, or technician level.
The HR Plans and Operations Course is open to all--
* Branch AOC 42 officers in the grades of captain, major, and lieutenant colonel who have completed a captains career course.
* MOS 420A warrant officers who have completed the AG Warrant Officer Basic Course.
* All MOS 42A noncommissioned officers in the grades of staff sergeant (promotable), sergeant first class, master sergeant, or sergeant major who have completed the AG Senior Leader Course.
Candidates must currently serve or have an assignment pending as the officer-in-charge, the noncommissioned officer-in-charge, or a technician in the human resources operations branch (of a sustainment brigade or expeditionary sustainment command), an HR sustainment center, a theater gateway personnel accountability team, a military mail terminal, or an HR company.
The first Brigade S-l Operations Course graduated on 29 October; nine more classes are planned for fiscal year 2011. Seven iterations of the HR Plans and Operations Course also are scheduled. The first began on 1 November. Each course has a maximum capacity of 30 students.
These courses are in the Army Training Requirements and Resources System. Individuals interested in attending either course may email the deputy course director at firstname.lastname@example.org. mil or call (803) 751-8353 or DSN 734-8353.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2011|
|Previous Article:||Strategic Landpower Essay contest announced.|
|Next Article:||Army Logistics University names new building.|