New ATI Radeon[TM] HD 5450 Graphics Card Delivers Enthusiast Video Game Features and HD Multimedia Capabilities1 at an Entry-Level Price.
SUNNYVALE, Calif. -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the introduction of the ATI Radeon[TM] HD 5450 graphics card, the latest addition to the award-winning line-up of ATI Radeon[TM] HD 5000 Series graphics cards. The ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card delivers a state-of-the-art HD multimedia2 and game experience at a value price. Sharing the same leading edge features found in the critically-acclaimed ATI Radeon[TM] HD 5800 Series - support for DirectX([R])11, ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology3 and ATI Stream technology4 - the ATI Radeon[TM] HD 5450 provides an uncompromising Microsoft Windows[R] 7 experience5.
* Cutting-edge technology for today's software: The ATI Radeon[TM] HD 5450 graphics card offers great performance, allowing users to get the true Windows([R]) 7 experience5 with full DirectX([R])11 support, for less than USD $606 for a 512MB memory configuration.
* Expanded productivity with multi-display technology: Featuring support for ATI Eyefinity multi-monitor technology, the ATI Radeon[TM] HD 5450 graphics card helps users be more productive in today's visually rich applications by expanding their on-screen real estate, putting more information at their fingertips.
* Silent running: Offering leading-edge performance per watt, the ATI Radeon[TM] HD 5450 redefines entry level performance and ultra-low power consumption, making it possible for AIB partners to deliver passive cooling models to market in addition to whisper-quiet, single slot fan-cooled versions.
* Rich HD multimedia experience: Home theater buffs will particularly appreciate the ATI Radeon[TM] HD 5450 graphics product. This passively-cooled, ultra-quiet card is a home theater PC builder's dream, enabling high quality, high-definition home theater experiences7. The home theater experience is enriched with features such as HDMI 1.3a with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio for the ultimate media PC.
"The ATI Radeon[TM] HD 5450 offers consumers another next-generation graphics product from AMD, and further reinforces our price-performance value at a wide range of price points," said Matt Skynner, vice president and general manager, AMD Graphics Division. "With the addition of the ATI Radeon HD 5450, home theater enthusiasts and casual gamers have access to cutting-edge features and solid performance at an incredible value."
The ATI Radeon HD 5450 is available immediately from a number of partners, including ASUS, ASK, Club 3D, DMM, GBT, HIS, LDLC.com, MSI, TUL, Sapphire, VT and XFX.
* Pictures: See photos of the ATI Radeon[TM] HD 5450 graphics card on Flickr
* Product page: ATI Radeon[TM] graphics product information
* Product page: Discover a new realm of panoramic computing with ATI Eyefinity technology
* Video: It's so easy to upgrade your PC's graphics, even a monkey can do it
* Video: Game developers share their thoughts on DirectX([R])11 on YouTube
* Learn more about DirectX([R])11: See the difference it can make, on AMD GAME!
* Twitter: Follow AMD Graphics news on Twitter at @ATIGraphics
* Facebook: Become a fan of AMD on Facebook
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is an innovative technology company dedicated to collaborating with customers and technology partners to ignite the next generation of computing and graphics solutions at work, home and play. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, Radeon and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1 HD capable monitor required.
2 HD capable monitor required.
3 To enable more than two displays you require one or more panels with a DisplayPort connector or an active DisplayPort adapter. The number and configuration of display connectors may vary by AIB partner. Check with particular manufacturer for specifications.
4 Requires application support for ATI Stream technology.
5 Windows[R] 7 capable PC configurations required for full Windows[R] 7 functionality. See www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/system-requirements.aspx.
6 Expected U.S. suggested retail pricing (SEP) as of launch date for ATI Radeon[TM] HD 5450 512MB memory configuration.
7 HD capable monitor required.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Feb 4, 2010|
|Previous Article:||AMD Professional Graphics Certified For Autodesk Design Software.|
|Next Article:||InfoVista Reports Second Quarter FY10 Results.|