New, enhanced version of DIALOG menus available.
Dialog has created a new version of its easy-to-use online search service, DIALOG Menus. The new menus product has a new look, and provides a focused collection of databases as well as sophisticated search functionality that was previously available only to command mode searchers.
The enhanced DIALOG Menus is a valuable resource not only for inexperienced or occasional searchers, but also for information professionals searching an unfamiliar subject area. The new search features make menu searching easy and convenient for even the most experienced command mode searchers. The new DIALOG Menus allows users to:
* Search multiple databases concurrently. When more than one databases is being searched, DIALOG Menus offers only those search options common to all of the databases selected.
* Scan multiple subject categories to locate the most relevant databases. DIALOG Menus reports on the number of "hits" in each file so the searcher can determine the best database(s) to search.
* Remove duplicate records retrieved during a search of multiple databases.
* Select multiple search options at the beginning of a search, thus saving connect time by reducing or eliminating the need to modify searches.
* Save searches temporarily or permanently so the same search can be easily and quickly rerun in the future.
The more than 250 databases contained in the new DIALOG Menus focus heavily on business, intellectual property, and science and technology, including medicine. The entire DIALOG collection of full-text newspapers--both U.S. and international--is also included.
Connect time charges remain the same for this enhanced menus product: $.75 per minute for time spent in DIALOG Menus before entering a database, and normal database charges thereafter. All DIALOG Searchers can access the menus by selecting Option 6 from the Main Menu in DIALOG Homebase (the default database for most DIALOG searchers) or by typing BEGIN MENUS at the command mode system prompt.
For more information, contact Dialog, 3460 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, 800/3-DIALOG (800/334-2564; U.S. and Canada only) or 415/858-3785; Fax 415/858-7069.