* Effie Benmelech, Harvard University and NBER; Claude Berrebi, RAND Corporation; and Esteban F. Klor, Hebrew University, "Economic Conditions and the Quality of Suicide Terrorism"
* Nayantara Hensel, U.S. Naval Postgraduate School, "Globalization and the U.S. Defense Industrial Postgraduate School Base"
* Jonathan Lipow, Oberlin University, and Peter Berck, University of California, Berkeley, "Did Monetary Forces Turn the Tide in Iraq?"
* Diana Lien, Aline Quester, and Robert Shuford, Center for Naval Analyses, "Marine Corps Deployment Tempo and Retention from FY04 to FY07"
* Eli Berman, University of California, San Diego and NBER, "Religious Radicalism and Violence in the Modern World"
* Radha Iyengar, London School of Economics and NBER, and Jonathan Monten, Yale University, "The Impact of Reconstruction Spending on the Labor Market for Insurgents"
* Jim Hosek and Francisco Martorell, RAND Corporation, "How Have Deployments during the War on Terrorism Affected Re-Enlistments?"
* Christopher Blattman, Yale University, and Edward Miguel, University of California, Berkeley and NBER, "Civil War"
Summaries of these papers may be found at: http://www.nber.org/confer/2009/ENSs09/summary.html
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Program and Working Group Meetings|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Jun 22, 2009|
|Previous Article:||Saez receives John Bates Clark Medal.|
|Next Article:||Cohort Studies.|