Names in the news.
* JEFF BYAL (Nebraska Chapter) was appointed Senior Vice President and CFO of Pamida, in Omaha. Pamida is an operator of 207 retail stores in 16 Midwest states that bring value and convenience close to home in small, rural communities. It is an affiliate of Sun Capital Parnters Inc., a private investment firm.
* JEFFREY DARBUT (Arizona Chapter) was named Director of Finance and Operations for Arizona State University's Biodesign Institute. Located on the Tempe campus of ASU, the Institute is spearheading ASU's innovative application of use-inspired research that fuses previously separate areas of knowledge. Darbut is also a director on two privately held company boards, SoundQuest Inc. and Knittle Inc.
* VINCE HASSEL (Orange County Chapter) was named CFO of Linksys, a division of networking company Cisco Systems Inc., in San Jose.
CHARLES S. HILLIARD was named President and CFO of Demand Media Inc., a Web-media company in Santa Monica, Calif.
ERIC M. MARKELL was named Executive Vice President and CFO of Puget Energy Inc., a utility in Bellevue, Wash.
* ISABEL MEHARRY, CA, MBA, was appointed Vice President, Finance, Secretary/Treasurer and CFO for Green Shield Canada in Toronto. Green Shield Canada specializes in group and health and dental benefits programs and administration. Meharry is the past CEO of FEI Canada.
DOUGLAS MUIR was named CFO of Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Inc., a doughnut-maker based in Winston-Salem, N.C.
* ROBERT NORMAND (Quebec Chapter) was the recipient of the Frank S. Capon Distinguished Service Award for FEI Canada. The award honors Frank Capon, who is credited with bringing FEI to Canada. An FEI member since 1976, Normand has served in many positions, both at the chapter and national level. He is currently a professional director for a number of public and private company boards.
* CHARLES H. NOSKI (Los Angeles Chapter) was presented with an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from California State University Northridge at its graduation in May. Noski, who received his bachelor's and master's degrees from Cal State Northridge, sits on the executive committee of the university's Imagine the Arts campaign and is a member of the Cal State Northridge Foundation board. He is a retired AT & T Vice Chairman and a recipient of the inaugural Financial Executives International Hall of Fame award last November.
* SUSAN PIKITCH (New York City Chapter) was appointed CFO for TNS North America, in New York City. TNS is a global market-information company that provides research, advice and insight on market segmentation, advertising and communications, new product development and brand performance and stakeholder management.
* HANS E. VANDEN NOORT (Northern Florida Chapter) has been elected Senior Vice President and CFO of Rayonier. Rayonier, in Jacksonville, Fla., is an international forest-products company with three core businesses: timber, real estate and performance fibers, and is structured as a real estate investment trust (REIT).
* VIC WELLS, FCA (Toronto Chapter), was named to serve as interim President and CEO for FEI Canada while the search for a permanent president proceeds. Wells' current business advisory roles include: Trustee for Cartage Diversified Income Fund, Director of Student Transportation of America Inc. and of Maglndustries Corp. and Member of the AIG Excess Casualty Advisory Board.
* denotes FEI member
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2007|
|Next Article:||Mark A. Rusch.|
|If disaster strikes.|
|Problems for shippers of plastics?|
|Joseph S. Pontoski named FSCT Executive Director.|